cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is my line upgrade coming ??

N/A

I don't have time to trawl through all of the posts on these boards to find the answer, heck I barley have enough time to trawl through my own Gaming Clan forums. :roll:
I have been on ADSL Home Self-Install 512mb since 01/06/2002 and still am.
SO WHERE IS THE FREE LINE UPGRADE THAT I WAS PROMISED ALL OF THOSE MANY MONTHS AGO HuhHuhHuh Evil
Come on, even BT aren't THAT slow in sorting out exchanges.
The amount of BT vans I see around my town with engineers with heads and hands in boxes , you think at least one of them would be able to do what needs to be done.
I don't want to change ISP's , I'm happy in general with my service but I was promised that my line would be up to a potential 8mb.
Can anyone in Plusnet give me a definative answer without all of the contention ratio gobbldygook mumbojumbo that goes along with it please.
Surely THAT can't be too hard can it?
19 REPLIES
N/A

Right, here's the latest....

By the end of October everyone who can be upgraded in the "up to 2Mb" will be upgraded to the fastest their line can support, 1Mb or 2Mb.

There are rumours of another 8Mb trial due to start soon. Soon = 1-2 months.

8Mb full rollout expected to happen sometime in the new year.

PS If your paying £39 for the 8Mb upgrade and your not near a major city, downgrade now and save yourself some money.

PPS Please feel free to correct any mistakes I made.
N/A

Thanks for the headsup Wink
And no I'm paying £21.99 as I have for the past couple of years.
N/A

<bump>

:lol:
N/A

If I don't get my 2meg upgrade by end of October I'll be finishing my contract in November and moving over to NTL.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The bulk regrade programme is still ongoing, it should be completed for the majority by the end of next month and final manual mop-up in November. Unfortuantely I can't say when any particular regrade will be attempted, other than the estimated end date BT Wholesale are no longer providing schedule updates.
N/A

Mr Tomlinson, Is it still possible for me to pay £14.99 for BT to do the upgrade asap?
LiamM
Grafter

That would be possible, yes.
N/A

Nice, but can I pay via Solo debit card?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Unfortunately our billing system doesn't allow Solo payments, it can take Switch, Delta, Visa, Mastercard and Amex.
holdtight
Grafter

wayneunique i was in the same boat as i use electron and just borrowed someone elses visa card for the upgrade
can you do the same it doesnt matter who`s name is on it ?
N/A

Holdtight, thanks for the info, will ask the girlfriend to use her switch for me.

Just another quick question, I'm currently on 1meg so how long roughly does it take BT to do the upgrade?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It can take up to 7 days, but most are done a lot quicker, usually overnight.
N/A

So does this mean that if I pay £14.99 ( once ) I can can get my connection bumped up immediatly rather than wait till whenever BT get their collective fingers out ?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, if you pay for the upgrade it will take 5-7 days.