cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the scripts run

N/A

When are the scripts run

to remove TM from accounts my billing date started on 12.01am Friday and as of yet I'm still being TM'd??

Do I need to raise a ticket?Huh
19 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

When are the scripts run

Currently it takes up to 24 hours for the scripts to be run, with it still being a manual process. If you've not heard anything by this evening then I'd suggest raising a ticket so that one of the CSC agents can check further for you.
N/A

When are the scripts run

Thanks for that, not a great situation though is it?Huh
N/A

When are the scripts run

It's a shoddy half-arsed situation Wink But that is what we're stuck with for now. The promise of properly automated scripts and systems with informative and accurate monitoring is on the horizon, but I still feel the whole system has been implemented in the wrong order and prematurely.
Nobody has seemed to want to explain why it was deemed necessary to use inaccurate, uninformative, heavy handed systems while they worked on the real solution. (Which has only increased some people's conspiracy theories and the suspect of inadequate bandwidth availability).
Community Veteran

When are the scripts run

the fully automated system is due to start in march/april, when that starts then these things will happen much faster
JonathanW
Grafter

When are the scripts run

The manual system had to be put in place in order to rectify the situation that was developing. Once there was a basic system in place, then we could start automating this, in order to make it smoother for everyone.

That's the nature of automation, you need some form of manual process in place so that you know what you're doing with the automation and have something to work with.
passer
Grafter

When are the scripts run

from February, to March, to April, to......do I detect a theme here? Anybody seen Godot, btw?
JonathanW
Grafter

When are the scripts run

The automation is still expected to be in place during March, and as far as I'm aware no one from the Comms team has said otherwise.
N/A

When are the scripts run

Seems such a poor implemented system has been put in place

Do you really feel anybody can recommend Plusnet ATM

I have no problem with FUP, SUP etc but the way it's being implemented is a disgrace
N/A

When are the scripts run

Jon, I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree and I still question the reasoning.
Saying that the system had to be in place before automation could be started is utter rubbish. Data gathering and monitoring could have been performed without performing the final step of forcing unmanageable restrictions on customers.
You say the system had to be put into place to rectify the situation that was developing. Can you explain what this situation was and why it was deemed necessary to inconvenience so many customers? (I understand why network management i needed and completely agree, I understand the 'vision' what I don't understand is why this exact flawed system had to be implemented),
10crawford
Grafter

When are the scripts run

Tell me if I am being stupid -

We hear that the scrits can take up to 24 hours to run hence at the present time users are unfairly affected for up to 24 hours if they have exceeded limits.

Why don't plusnet run scripts 24 hours in advance - ok some users would be allowed to exceed their limits for up to 24 hours but based on what I have read in other threads there is sufficient capacity to cope with this.

This would mean that no user would be traffic managed when they shouldn't be just a few users may not be traffic managed when they should be!

It seems only fair for plusnet to take the hit rather than the user as it is plusnets' fault that the automation of system is not yet in place and the VMBU tool doesn't enable users to correctly monitor usage.

Btw I don't expect any comment from Plusnet as it appears to me when you ask probing questions in these forums you are met with silence from official sources!
JonathanW
Grafter

When are the scripts run

Something had to be done in order to ensure that people were able to use the conneciton how they wanted and when they wanted, but not to the point where they were having an adverse effect on the network.

The system, as it stands, works in the majority of causes. But there have been one or two problems with it, and its better to encounter those in a manual process so that things can be looked at and then the process itself changed. This can then be built into the automated system when that is brought online.

If we were to just spend a couple of months building a system, without actually trying that system out in a manual format, then its possible that by the time the system is ready the situation will have changed. Where as putting a system in place first proves that it works and lets us refine it whilst building the automation at the same time.

At the end of the day no system is going to be perfect. But what we have in place now is more refined than the usenet management that we first put in place for November. Moving forwards we're going to be refining this further, to make everything smoother.
N/A

When are the scripts run

I agree that something had to be done, but there have been far more that 'one or two problems' both technically and with the customer service side of things. It's also, ultimately, the customer that has suffered trying to save the network. I'm in no way suggesting just building a system and throwing it out there is the right why to do things, but neither is throwing out an experimental test-bed onto paying customers. We now have the situation of teething problems with the manual system and excuses constantly saying that automation will fix things. We will then have teething problems with the automated system. How is this constant changing and problem-solving good for the customer? We've had how many different problems with VMBU and restrictions being placed on customers that shouldn't have been just this week?
Yes, no system is going to be perfect, any system, particularly one in such a dynamic environment as this, is going to need ongoing modifications and tweaking. Again, I'm not disputing this fact. The thing is, we're in a situation where the customer has had to take the hit again and again while being forced to accept mistakes PlusNet have made along with ongoing unfulfilled promises of a nirvana of everything working. Was this the plan a year ago?

I'm sorry, but I can't help but start to agree with other people's theories that panic decisions were made to save a dying, corner-cutting and unsustainable network policy by Plusnet. The vision is a sound one, the implementation so far frankly sucks. The insistence that everything is rosy when all around there are people having major problems is just insulting.
Community Veteran

When are the scripts run

from February, to March, to April, to......do I detect a theme here?

Welcome to the world of software development where guestimations are the norm. This is a very complex piece of software that has to cope with 100s of different account types as well as interface with many different systems in order to both manage peoples connections at the correct time, deal with multiple time periods and and also be able to show information to the users. Often in such complex systems designs get re-written when they don't fit the requirements or when a major issue arises, or problems surfaces or interface compatibility issues arrise which all leads to delays and frustration, not just by the users but by the developers as well.

So don't be surprised if things slip again.
N/A

When are the scripts run

Somebody mention jam, eh ? oh, tomorrow :lol:
Regards, John Taylor.