cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the FULL landline details going to appear

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Have been waiting patiently since the original announcement, but haven't seen anything further yet.

As per the FAQ:

21. Can I keep using value added services such as voice mail and call waiting?

We will be providing additional services such as voice mail for an additional administration fee which will be confirmed before July.

It's very difficult to make a decision on what to do until the FULL details are available, particularly regarding any equivalent to BT Privacy (which includes a free CLI), caller reject, etc.

Neil
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

4th July
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I know the service launches on the fourth Wink

What I'm asking about is the full disclosure of all the details of additional service charges, etc. The FAQ says that, and always has, this will be released before July - and that is fast running out ;-)

Neil
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Neil,

What are the specific details you're after? I can problem confirm things for you.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

As per Godsells post, all details will be available on July 4th (Tuesday).
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Hi Bob,

That would be great. The questions have been asked on the forum before, but maybe too far ahead of the launch. What I'm interested in is:

How will Plusnet's equivalent to BT Privacy work? Right now, with BT, you subscribe for free and get CLI thrown in at no cost.

What answering options will be offered, and what cost? Again, BT have a free option, then higher featured chargeable options.

What will be the cost of anonymous caller reject with Plusnet?

Will PlusNet offer 'bundles' of the above, at discounted rates, as with other providers?

Like others, I'd like to make an informed decision, and can't compare without the above. My line rental is with BT right now, calls with Onetel (Talk Talk). I've been meaning to move the line rental for months, and I really need to escape OneTel/Talk Talk - they are truly cr@p Wink I was in the process of making the changes when PlusNet announced their new service, and so have put off the decision - but want to make the change asap. If PlusNet don't fit the bill, I can go ahead and change right away.

Thanks, Neil
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

As per Godsells post, all details will be available on July 4th (Tuesday).

OK, but this is not what the FAQ leads one to believe.

Another case of setting expectations and then failing to deliver?

This communications problem really needs to get sorted out - saying one thing and doing another!!! We're expected to refer to information on the Plusnet website and/or use the portal for information as much as possible (Plusnet's primary point of information/contact), and then when we use and rely on that information, and ask a reasonable question, it feels like we're the ones that have got it wrong, and shouldn't dare to ask such impertinent questions.

At least Bob came back with an attempt to be customer focused rather than slap a customer back'!!!

Neil
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Bob,

That would be great. The questions have been asked on the forum before, but maybe too far ahead of the launch. What I'm interested in is:

How will Plusnet's equivalent to BT Privacy work? Right now, with BT, you subscribe for free and get CLI thrown in at no cost.

You can register for the Telephone Preference Service by visiting www.tpsonline.org.uk and we will offer Caller Display for a small monthly premium.

What answering options will be offered, and what cost? Again, BT have a free option, then higher featured chargeable options.

There will be no free answering service provided at launch. We will offer an equivilent to BT answer though for a small monthly premium.

What will be the cost of anonymous caller reject with Plusnet?

I don't really want to get into quoting prices before launch but I can tell you that it is significantly cheaper than BT.

Will PlusNet offer 'bundles' of the above, at discounted rates, as with other providers?

Not initially although there will be a call features offer when we launch. Perhaps this is something I can feedback for future phases.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

I agree - details are still a bit sketchy. I would expect people would like to have digested the *full* package details if you want signups on the 4th (no doubt you will have targets set by BT to fulfil orders).

On plusnet you are looking at about £2 (inc VAT) extra pcm for CLID. Even with that thrown in, Anytime + still works out £15 pcm cheaper than BT option 3. Wholesale pricing for the product can be found here.

Be careful though, because when you transfer in, all existing calling features you have on your current line are transferred in automatically. So you will probably be billed for all these, unless there is some way of changing the line info/services before joining.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whoot! My 1000th post Cheesy

Be careful though, because when you transfer in, all existing calling features you have on your current line are transferred in automatically. So you will probably be billed for all these.

This is not true.

We will not be placing like for like transfers so all existing calling features will be lost when you move to us (you can of course retain these if you select them at signup).

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

Thanks for clearing that up Bob.

And congratulations Wink
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I agree - details are still a bit sketchy. I would expect people would like to have digested the *full* package details if you want signups on the 4th (no doubt you will have targets set by BT to fulfil orders).

This is my frustration. If PlusNet can't/won't give all the pricing details, then why was the service promoted as soon as it was? (actually, it's fairly obvious why)

I am, however, grateful for the information Bob provided.

The currently announced prices are, for me, pretty meaningless without the 'add on' feature prices. I need CLI, BT Answer and ACR on top of the basic line rental/anytime calls package, and until I know what they cost I have no idea how favourably it compares with my current package. With many providers offering these either free, or as part of discounted packages, it might not be so clear cut when all added together.

Neil
N/A

It's difficult to pre-announce the prices for any network services as that takes away the (probable) embargo that would have been placed if the press release has already been sent to other web sites which would normally cover this news.

I can see your frustration, and clearly PN needs to stop the pre-launch "hype" to get people interested. While it's one thing to say you will soon be able to sign up and move your phone service, it's clearly wrong to suggest that answers would be available "before July" when staff are being sworn to keeping that information to themselves (or perhaps don't know, depending on how widely the details have been shared, to date).

I think that the PN service will be most useful to those who make plenty of calls (I'm meaning the 15.00 / month package, which compares quite favourably with the BT Option 1 + an anytime calls deal ... eg 11.00 to BT and 7.99 to Tiscali) but might be more expensive for those who use 2-5 network services.

At the moment, with BT Privacy giving you free Caller Display, BT Answer (1571) being free, and ACR, I guess you are currently paying 11.00/month for line rent and 4.00/month for ACR.

My guess is that if the services from PN cost 1.50/month you may be looking at a cost of 4.50 for the things you want, compared with 4.00 on BT. However, mine is just a guess, and partly based on charges levied elsewhere.

Some time back I complained about the (then) cost of ACR (at 3.33/month) and had a response from Oftel or Ofcom (sorry, been a while) which stated that they were satisfied that it did cost that much (I was comparing with BT's other Network Services).

BT bundles a number of services on their own line rentals, but charges a hefty fee for ACR, while some others (I'm thinking particularly of Bulldog) charge a lower amount for ACR, don't charge for caller display, but have fees for other services, comparable with TalkTalk etc. Unfortunately, changing line is one of the things one cannot do month by month, to see how these different services work so I've yet to experiment with WLR from anyone!