cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When CGI is down

painswck
Grafter

When CGI is down

When trying to access the CGI platform yesterday morning but I could not connect (actually following a link from the forums). I ended up phoning the help line. Was told that yes they knew it was down and the engineers were reloading the servers.

The Big Brother monitor confirms that the platform was down for nearly 3 hours and was also down the week before for a similar period of time.

How come therefore the service status shows no problem for 31 days. I would have thought that having to reload was a problem that affected all customers so should register.

Cheers
3 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

When CGI is down

IIRC Dave was going to look into why Service Status wasn't updated - it was resolved when he got in at 8AM, but hte night shift hadn't updated Status when they called the engineer out.
painswck
Grafter

When CGI is down

Thanks for the reply Colin.

It seems that PlusNet are slow to update status these days. It seems this outage has become a regular occurence if you check Big Brother so this is not the first time the status page has not been updated in the last month.

it must put extra pressure on the helpline staff when people have to phone up to find out what is going on - thought that was the point of the status page. Not much point in it if only used occasionally after the event.

/rant off

Cheers

Roland
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

When CGI is down

Hi Roland,

Updating Service Status generally falls under the remit of the Comms team, but as we aren't always in then out of our hours it will fall to other members of the support team.
In the particular instance you are referring to there was only the nightshift in, without speaking to them I don't know why it wasn't updated, but I will find out.
Regarding Big Brother, this isn't a monitoring system we use internally any more and so may not always offer the most accurate information.