cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats wrong with email

trigat
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

Why are you having all these problems? What is the cause of it? Is it because you don't have enough servers or enough bandwidth i just received an email at 1AM sent to me at 6AM the previous day thats 19 hours late.
And i haven't received any emails today i was expecting at 6AM it will be interesting to see when they come in, i only hope none of them are urgent.
49 REPLIES
Richchad
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

Yet again delays on Plusnet email... Evil
I certainly will not be referring Plusnet to anyone.. Sad
Why on earth can't you fix this once and for all?
trigat
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

It gets very embarrassing having to explain to customers virtually every day whats gone wrong with the email, especially after i'm the one that has referred them to plusnet.
Liam
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

We believe that a large amount of Spam hit our incoming mail servers yesterday which has resulted in the increased queues currently being experienced.

These are coming back down and have stabilised following this. Should be back to normal service by the end of the day I believe.
Community Veteran

Whats wrong with email

This is happening time and time again and it appears even the new kit cannot handle an increase in emails.

I thought the whole reason for the new MX core SUN kit was to stop situations such as this from happening. Why then is it still happening?
Liam
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

We've not moved over to the sun kit running on it's own just yet. We're going to do this just after Xmas I believe. At the moment, we have them smart-hosted and we're monitoring performance closely.
dannykos
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

smart-hosted

sorry - i object to the use of this word (smart) by anyone related to plusnet right now!

Wink Cheesy
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

At the moment, we have them smart-hosted and we're monitoring performance closely

hmm,

obviously not close enough liam :roll:
Community Veteran

Whats wrong with email

We've not moved over to the sun kit running on it's own just yet. We're going to do this just after Xmas I believe. At the moment, we have them smart-hosted and we're monitoring performance closely.

eh?
Liam
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

What's the question?

The new MXCores are in place, but mail is currently being smarthosted through from the current platform.

This will be changed shortly after Christmas, when we'll be running only on the new Sun kit.
Community Veteran

Whats wrong with email

Not everyone will understand what you mean by smart-hosting.

A non-technobabble description would help people to understand exactly what you are doing.
Richchad
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

This will be changed shortly after Christmas, when we'll be running only on the new Sun kit.

Are you saying then, after Christmas, these delays will not occur?

Other email providers must experience lots of spam email from time to time and they seem to cope with it, why not Plusnet?
Liam
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

The Sun kit should definitely outperform what we have currently - but the only real way to see how it will react is give it some load. That's what smart-hosting them allows us to do.

What we're not going to do is let them loose on their own over christmas, when there is an internal change-freeze and less network resource. We'll be doing this when we're back - but we're confident that they will perform very well indeed.
N/A

Whats wrong with email

I am awaiting emails ..... and I didn't understand any of the explanations given :? , but maybe it's because I have the 'flu.
trigat
Grafter

Whats wrong with email

9 hours and counting still waiting for my emails to arrive that where sent at 6AM this morning. I wonder when the first one will turn up i bet about 12 hours late, any more takers.