cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the problem with speed this week, PLUSNET?

N/A

Dear PlusNet, Members,

Just recently this week I been getting average 15kb sec on download, from average 1700kb sec. Just wondering whats the reason for this drastic downfall to my BB+ service.. is there major work being carried out or something?

Apart from this week, service has been great, getting high download speeds etc. There surely must be something up this week.

Any answers PlusNet, would be appreciated. I just want some straight forward answers by the way, of whats up with the service. I been with plusnet nearly over 2 years now, I seen it go from good service to bad then to good again, but now is just really bad.

Thanks in advance.

Shehzad Safdar
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

I'd strongly suggest reading the other threads regarding this. Other people on Broadband Plus are seeing the same symptoms as you are reporting.
N/A

Basically there aren't any answers.

Your guess is as good as Plusnet's as to what the problem is, it would seem.

I've been told it's down to Tiscali, some stuff to do with BB+ bandwidth and authentication problems. No doubt the wind direction, snow and sun flares are also effecting things.

Whatever it is, most people have had these problems for over a week without resolution.
N/A

Thanks for your replies.

If weather conditions are affecting the boradband service then why arent other ISPS suffering from this problem too.

So at the moment we are just meant to sit tight and hope the speed improves... in forthcoming days..or even perhaps few weeks...until PlusNet sorts out the problem...

I am surely if this is the case we should ask for some percentage for our money back for this month..since the service is not upto scratch.. especially for members who been with the service for over 2 years...
N/A

I think gregcoss was joking when he mentioned the weather. He was basically saying that it could be anything causing the drastic drop in speed becuase as far as Plus.net are concerned, they have no clue!
N/A

I was indeed being sarcastic. It's a curse I have.

There are reports that Plusnet might know what the problem is now but not when and if it will be fixed.

There are so many threads about poor speeds, I'm unsure which products are now affected.

I'm considering moving to PAYG since it's claimed this is the holy grail and is immune to speed issues, but we'll see.
Zathras
Grafter

I'm considering moving to PAYG since it's claimed this is the holy grail and is immune to speed issues, but we'll see.

I wouldnt go as far as to say that but payg is better than the prem 3 I was on. Cheesy
N/A

it will be fixed once PN have recovered costs by reducing the amount of data that goes via their networks , 14.99 just isnt enough to pay for the service, is it true that the cost is due to go up in July, but I believe PN staff have been told to deny this