cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the point of customer stats?

Community Veteran

Twice in the last week I have wished to call support for help. Each time before calling I have looked at the Customer Support Statistics page to see how long I would have to waitng on hold.

https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Each time the chart re: "Real Time Inbound Call Handling" shows the number of people on hold is between 15 to 21 and the longest current holding time before getting through is expected to be between 25 to 30 mins.

Whilst this info is useful to know. Plus net say "we actively monitor our peak times to ensure we always have enough people on the phones to answer your queries without keeping you waiting too long in a queue."

The question has to be asked what length of time IS ACCEPATBLE TO HAVE TO WAIT, I personally think 25 to 30 mins is a long queue, 4 to 5 mins maybe but 25 to 30. If these stats are being used to help show where extra staff are needed then why do the charts show little to no change in time on hold.

Can anyone tell me why the figures show a change is needed but none appears to occuring.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Call wait times can be a bit long in recent times.

Plus net are aware of this and are actively recruiting more support staff to try and alleviate this problem.

The CSC has been extremely busy of late and this increase in workload is reflected in the call wait times.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
N/A

Why not put more money into the network instead of employing new staff, If the network runs smoothly you get less complaints.

The network has gone from fantastic to a total joke in less than 1 month !
LiamM
Grafter

Unfortunately that's not technically true.

Most of what the CSC deal with is not complaints but questions, account changes, setup issues, BT outages etc...

The problem is due to the huge increase in customer numbers of late and this does not match the CSC recruitment increase.

Plusnet are actively recruiting and an open day was held just last week to recruit a large number of new CSC agents.

It's going to take time to get them all trained up and up to speed, but Plusnet are doing all they can to get more agents in the CSC.
N/A

Why not put more money into the network instead of employing new staff, If the network runs smoothly you get less complaints.

They still have 3 spare 155MB pipes not in use, my guess is that they want to squeeze as much users onto these pipes as possible.

The network has gone from fantastic to a total joke in less than 1 month !

SAD but true
Community Veteran

Thanks for the positive feedback re: recruitment. At least now we know the stats are being used to help plan service provision.

As it'll take a few weeks / months to get up to speed with the new jobs I guess that improvements will come but not be instant.

A