cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the point? I dont think I can go on.

N/A

I am one of the many many long suffering silly sods who are still with PN wishing they could be arsed with the change to somewhere else.

I want to change but need static IP and could ill afford any down time, who do you go with?

I have been with these jokers for so long, is it that once the head has been banged on the wall for so long the pain numbs.

Is the grass really greener? If I do find a service with static IP for £22 per month will they be any better?

I am looking at a dialup speed for uploading ftp at 3 to 5 Kb/s and have so for the last 2 mth, which is very annoying and not acceptable (not that PN will do anything about it, history tells us that) This speed has clearly been capped to make more profit, remember the monumental Xmas bash?

Where is the ticket system? has it been scraped to save insult to intelligence. Or has it been buried so deep like the phone support that the team is now reduced to 2 with the rest of the support team being made up of forum volunteers which have no more insight as to whats going on than you or I.

So

I have been out the loop and trapped in the PN spell for so long now I dont know the score.

Is it poss to change without any loss of service?

Are there any companies (forget the ones that might go bust the next day) that can provide

Static IP must have

Contention of 1-20 would be very nice but a good 1-50 would be OK. PN must be into the 1-100 and 1-300 for ftp

That's all, not bothered about 8meg nonsense 1 or 2 meg will be more than enough provided the contention is good.

I was looking to BT simply because there is not much chance of them folding up, I however do not like the connection with Yahoo nor the price tag.
9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hiya,

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to recommend a different ISP to you, but I will say that migration, especially from IPStream to IPStream is generally a very smooth process without downtime.

Regarding FTP, I can promise you that this is something we are taking seriously and I do keep on jumping up and down about this, and we are looking at making some changes to improve the FTP experience tomorrow.

I will post more details clarifying this as soon as they become available to me.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Whats the point? I dont think I can go on.

Where is the ticket system? has it been scraped to save insult to intelligence. Or has it been buried so deep like the phone support that the team is now reduced to 2 with the rest of the support team being made up of forum volunteers which have no more insight as to whats going on than you or I.

Here. I find that rather an odd comment given the protests a few months back about the phone number being hidden.

Contention of 1-20 would be very nice but a good 1-50 would be OK. PN must be into the 1-100 and 1-300 for ftp

I very much doubt that you will find any ISPs who quote contention ratios - and if they do, take it with a very, very large pinch of salt - BT don't specify the product in terms of contention ratios. They now say the minimum acceptable speed which I think for up to 8MB is 400K.

How much do you use per month? How much daytime and evening, how much could you delay to overnight?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I'm with you, fingers68. The processes don't work. The systems don't work. The support team seems unable to understand or respond properly to a straightforward billing query. Apologies are apparently out of the question.

I'm off, regardless, but my only concern is, if PN can't handle an existing customer in anything like a professional manner, how will they handle a departing one?
Cheers - Tony L.
N/A

Here. I find that rather an odd comment given the protests a few months back about the phone number being hidden.

So the ticket system has been scraped, an auto bull database has been put in place! Excellent!! This at least saves insulting your members intelligence as to the thought that the tickets were actually actioned on. I would imagine the best of the tickets would be blown up for reading during the Xmas Party. I little like those wild insurance claims. Oh how we did larf..

I as you will remember elvin there once was a time when you could call PN on a geographical number and within 10 mins be speaking to someone who had a brain and actually was able to help you. Long long time gone are those days, I would like to see the PN call center now.... a few home workers with idiot sheets that say "tell them its all in hand, we are getting things sorted, keep impressing them with buzz words"

I dont come in here often so why would it be odd to comment on the nonsense that this now is.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

"Whats the point? I dont think I can go on"

You could try ringing 08457 90 90 90 - they might be able to help you. Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Would doubtless be listened to at least ;-)
sophos9
Grafter

I was looking to BT simply because there is not much chance of them folding up, I however do not like the connection with Yahoo nor the price tag.

and then you are limited to a very small usage package... Bottom line is mate, there not a lot for the same price as what PN offers.

Its a case of stump up more per month or accept you will lose some of the features that are taken for granted!

Elvin, thats just plain mean... :lol:
N/A

I can't go on either...

Just an update to my recent post.
PN have finally admitted that there seems to be a problem with their billing system, affecting GE credit cards.
I have only discovered this by sheer persistence, and refusal to be fobbed off.
Previously PN have refused to accept that their system could be flawed, and have said that if I don't like it - tough, that's the way it is.
Well, I don't like it, and I like even less the arrogant way in which I have been treated. So you can all guess the solution... Farewell!
Tony Lincoln
N/A

I left plusnet just over a week ago(went to zen-so far brilliant),anyway plusnet's support team were excellent if the speeds and connections were as good would never have left!