cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the existing 2mb premier customer getting

Community Veteran

This is exactly the point I was trying to make and why we need to stop threads going off topic. This topic is now locked.
170 REPLIES
N/A

I don't know if this has been asked but, everybody in the uk has either been given an upgrade or a discount on there connection, what are people like myself going to
see?

Fair usage comes into effect soon so theres no bonus there, has my monthly charge been dropped, i dont think so.
All the lite users will beable to get a bump up to 2mb @ no extra cost come april.

That just leaves us poor folk's on the 2mb premier, paying the same price for a lesser product, with no upgrades(i dont mean maxdsl).

Can anyone please tell me the benefits of staying with plusnet on this 2mb premier account after april?
N/A

Hi there,

There is indeed a benefit of staying on the 2mb Premier account: we are prioritising the roll out of higher speeds according to account type.

This means that when the upgrades take place, customers on this account type will receive the higher speeds soonest of all residential users, followed by those on the 1mb Premier, 512k, and Lite products.

Kind regards,

Nick Dodds
LiamM
Grafter

I thought you had just sent the order to BT saying, "Upgrade all our Customers to the fastest possible" according to ianwild.

And BT will be doing it on an exchange by exchange basis giving 3 days notice at each one. So I was under the impression everyone on an exchange would be done together. Not, everyone on 2Mb at an exchange, then 1Mb, then 512k, then back to the beginning. I can't see BT doing that.

So I can assume that my friends 1Mb Connection is going to become 2Mb way ahead of another friends 512k Connection becoming 2Mb. Surely not?
Community Veteran

Liam I think you are confusing the upgrades to 2meg with the later ones to a possible 8meg. Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, the rollout schedule for 2Mbps is pretty much dictated by BT Wholesale as to when any individual will get it.

Where the schedule falls more under our control and we have to select say a limited number of customers for a trial then the customers paying the most will be the ones offered the chance to take part in the trial first.
N/A

So people like simonsgaff can continue to pay 39.99 a month in the hope they MIGHT get maxdsl before what was it September when everyone else gets it ??

At near £20 a month above what folk like me pay (0.5mb premier @21.99) thats a possible £100 if he doesnt get 8mb before Sept, Stuff that for benefit!
ok he does get to use 75gb peak time, but then thats a downgrade anyway :roll:

Hmm, what a lovely free upgrade that is :? ... not!
N/A

As the speed and extent of the 8Mb trial rollout is pretty much unknown isn't it conceivable that by the time the OP has a chance of 8Mb most of the userbase will have been regraded to 2Mb for free anyway, thus negating the "benefit" of being first in line for the higher speeds.

Those left on 1Mb or 512 after the bulk regrade won't have a chance of the high speeds anyway simply because if their line won't support 2Mb it's not going to support 3,4,5 or 8Mb !
LiamM
Grafter

Yep, the rollout schedule for 2Mbps is pretty much dictated by BT Wholesale as to when any individual will get it.

Where the schedule falls more under our control and we have to select say a limited number of customers for a trial then the customers paying the most will be the ones offered the chance to take part in the trial first.

That's not what Nick said. From what he said, I can expect to get 8Mb before all my mates in the same area, right?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

So people like simonsgaff can continue to pay 39.99 a month in the hope they MIGHT get maxdsl before what was it September when everyone else gets it ??

If you would be better off on £21.99 or £29.99 then I would say downgrade to one of these when we offer the option come April. I'm merely pointing that if you don't downgrade and that the £39.99 package is the right package for you that there is another benefit to this.
N/A

I don't even see how maxdsl is going to benefit me really, no doubt by the time it does get here, pn will be charging that much per GB theres no way i'll be able to afford it.
As for being @ the top of the list for max dsl, knowing my luck everyone else would be rolled out 1 or 2 weeks after me so no benefit there.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The pricing for 8Mbps on Premier and PAYG accounts will be exactly the same as will be available on 2Mbps come April, i.e. £14.99 on PAYG and £1.50 per GB (pre pay), and £21.99, £29.99 and £39.99 on Premier.

I also think you'll find it more likely that the prices will come down and not up.
N/A

I understand the pricing scheme of things, i wanted to know what benefits the people on the 2mb premier acc was going to get when all the other connections are bumped upto 2mb.
As far as i can see we are to get nothing, like i said, everyone else in the uk has been given something, either lower cost's per month or bumped upto 2mb for free.
N/A

i wanted to know what benefits the people on the 2mb premier acc was going to get when all the other connections are bumped upto 2mb.

Jam Tomorrow. According to DT's post here: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=164955#164955 , all 2Mbps customers will see a speed bump by the time ADSL2 rolls out.

Of course, he's been known to be wrong in the past so believe this at your own risk.

Simon
N/A

This is crazy. Our supposed upgrade is actually giving us no advantage (oh, vauge promises of higher speeds come september but who belives that?) all we are getting is an FUP and being forced to PAY to select the best product for our uses, is it our fault you felt the need to alter our products so dramaitcly? No? Well why are we being made to feel like it is?