cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats My DL limit ?

N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

Can Anyone tell me in simple terms my DL Limits, I am totally lost with this and gets me so depressing every day I try to find these details, For what I have read so far PN are getting PPL really pst. At the moment Im tring to download from binaries from external Claranews and all im getting is 2.1kbs, am i missing something here.
heres my usage
im PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb @ £21.99
8am to 4pm =9.18gb
4pm to midnight = 26gb
total usage =61gb

can someone please simplyfy for me.[/img]
6 REPLIES
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

I posted this elsewhere earlier on but it seems to fit here...

Off-peak time there are currently no stated limits, although 100Gb is a fair enough limit to look at.

Anyway, at peak time :-

Up to 10Gb you get up to line speeds. (p2p/ftp/usenet at up to line speed)
10Gb - 12.5Gb you get a reduced speed of 2Mb's (p2p/ftp/usenet at 256kb)
12.5Gb - 15Gb you get a reduced speed of 1Mb (p2p/ftp/usenet at 128kb)
15Gb+ you get a reduced speed of 512kb (p2p/ftp/usenet is BLOCKED)

You may continue to use the connection until you reach 30Gb. At this point you are placed on a 128kb speed connection peak AND off-peak until your next billing cycle. If you cross the 30Gb in two seperate months you are placed on the 128kb speed permantly until you either upgrade to a higher spec account or.. leave basically.

You should receive warnings when you are placed on the reduced speeds (10-15Gb) anyway, but the one at 24Gb is basically a "Whoa! Slow down, youre getting close to the SUP" warning.

Peak time is currently 4pm - Midnight and off-peak Midnight - 4pm.

So, it looks like in your case you might run into problems on the new premier option 1. Although you dont hit any limits that would actually permanantly penalise you.
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

he covered it well enough^

though i can't explain your lame speed. Any torrents open or anything that could slow you down to 2.1kbs?

edit: go kick your modem.
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

he covered it well enough^

though i can't explain your lame speed. Any torrents open or anything that could slow you down to 2.1kbs?

edit: go kick your modem.

Hes used nearly 36gb peak time......That may be why. Thought the limit on the old 2mb prem for peak was 30gbHuhHuh?
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

His 4pm - Midnight usage is 26gb, and as such, he has gone past the 15gb+ where the connection for P2P / Usenet is "blocked" so what can he expect really, he has to be careful now not to go over the absolute 30gb for any protocol limit which could start getting him into serious problems such as being permanently throttled.
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

Yes by now hes been reduced to 512kb and the p2p/ftp/usenet is BLOCKED.

Hope your billing cycle is up soon before they put you on 128kb.
N/A

Whats My DL limit ?

After reading it again I noticed that he might still be on the old system of billing, however under either system he has gone over the alloted quota.

The only difference is on the old one, the speed slows to a tricke, on the new it is blocked (apart from the odd bit of encrypted that manages to get through).

However on both systems there is a 30Gb limit for 4-12 so, it's probably best to slow a little tbh.