cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( Whatever happened to Customer Service?

N/A

My link speed dropped to 130k last Thursday from 1900k. OK faults happen but I find that fault logging has become automated and the in person service has gone! It was one of the reasons I chose Plusnet so I'm very dissapointed it has changed. Anyway, I filled in the automated fault fields and it advised me to check back in two hours to see the resuts. Well it Saturday evening and nothing so far. No contact from support and no means of escalation or contact either.

I think I will be leaving Plusnet. As it stands I will have to pay for the "free" modem" and a connection charge. My own view is that I am entiltled to reasonable customer service and having received none I shouldn't be penalised for leaving.

Does the community think it is reasonable for me to leave without any penalty on the grounds there is no customer service?
1 REPLY
N/A

The automated fault checker is broken, and has been for "months". Can you remember the last time it was detailed as broken on the Service Status though?

It's also "manual" whilst it's broken, so it's not "automated" at all currently. That means that the two hour thing is completely wrong, and apparently it takes up to three days for the testing to be completed now, simply because agents have to process the tests themselves.

Does the community think it is reasonable for me to leave without any penalty on the grounds there is no customer service?

I personally think it's completely reasonable. PlusNet have already said that the Customer Service is unacceptable and has been for a while, so I think it'd be fair to let people leave. They might (rightly or wrongly) argue that you still have to pay for any hardware/activation costs.

I think I will be leaving Plusnet.

You're certainly not the only one. You can request a MAC code by going to the Help Assistant > Customer Services and Billing > Account Management > Move to Another Broadband Provider (ISP) and then click one of the links which asks about where you're moving, and then request your MAC on the next form. Beware that "it can take up to 7 days" to get your MAC.