Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the ! - you have used 3.1GB this billing month

petsyb
Grafter

so I received an email saying

We're delighted to announce that from 30th March 2006 we'll be upgrading our Broadband Premier, Plus and Pay As You Go customers for free.

Broadband Plus up to 2Mb, priced £14.99, will get 3GB of unrestricted usage at peak times (4pm - midnight) and a possible 50GB during off-peak hours.

Your product will be upgraded on your first billing date after 30th March 2006

So my new billing begun Monday and I noticed the display still showed peak times as from 8am to midnight, however having read the forums found that this did not matter as the displays had not been updated yet

so I made sure that to make full use of this I would download until 4pm then stop using the PC however

and now I have just received this email

As a PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Monthly Contract, Activation and
Modem Offer) customer, you receive a monthly peak-time usage allowance of
4.5GB. This allowance ensures that everyone gets a fair share of our
network resources during peak hours (4pm - Midnight).

Your peak-time usage for this billing month* just reached 3GB.

Light restrictions will now apply to your connection speeds until the end
of the current billing month.

at most I would have used 200mb after having to download a 128mb java file during peak hours yesterday

what is going off ?
23 REPLIES
N/A

You seem surprised?

:lol:
petsyb
Grafter

OK
having looked at the new display it says i have
used 173.46MB this month total peak, however under the Summary it says i have used 3.09GB - this thing cant add up and now i have been moved to Level 1 Management

quickstart - I suppose after all this is plusnet Evil

my new month starts on the 11th
[/img]
petsyb
Grafter

Anyone else finding this or is it just me Evil
N/A

Mine cannot add up either but I,m off so am not bothered. I would suggest +net hire some software testers (& programmers).
N/A

Something is very odd with the VMU..... claims I've used 19.5GB in 8 days - that would mean around 73GB in a month. The most I've ever done in a month was 33.5GB, but I was heavy on the downloads then. There is no way I've done almost 20GB in the last 8 days.

I'm on Premier Option 1. VMU claims 8GB of that was done 4pm - midnight...That's over half my peak allowance, and I don't download during peak times, so where have all my GB gone??

Even on my 33.5GB month only 10GB was on peak!!

Bish
N/A

I would suggest they hire an infinite number of monkeys, then at least some of the information that comes out of PlusNet would make sense.
N/A

Yep - exact same problem here. I just got an email saying:

"It has come to our attention that your peak-time usage for this billing
month has reached 8GB, which greatly exceeds the 4.5GB allowance associated
with your product type.

We operate a Sustainable Usage Policy that limits excessive peak-time usage
that affects the quality of service for other customers -
http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml "

It seems that if plusnet thinks that 19.38MB = 8GB, we need to add sums to the list of things that they can't get right.

ADMINS - what is the deal? last time i looked, I was still 8am - 12pm peak.
rammie1976
Grafter

Interesting to see what the new useage display looks like....I wonder when I'll see mineHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Billing date 04/04
N/A

Well that's confused things.....

This link says I get 15GB peak

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml?link=resbb_premierlink

But this link say I get a warning e-mail at 24GB and restrictions at 30GB

http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

So which one is it PlusNet?

Bish
N/A

So much for the holy grail of automation putting an end to all the problems with incorrect traffic management. I hope everyone with this issue has it resolved and gets refunded for the inconvenience and inability to use their connections. If not, you can always take a ticket and join the MAC-request queue Wink

As for the confusion about limits, this is because PlusNet are currently moving customers across from older products with old limits, to new products with new limits. There's a FAQ stickied at the top of this forum covering the product changes.
petsyb
Grafter

OK thanks to whoever :lol:

my usage has now been set correctley and i'm no longer on Level 1 Management
N/A

Good for you getting it fixed. Is it fixed for all the non technical people who don't read their +net email (& no alternative notification)? Some people just pay their money and use the service - some people I know are not even aware of their ISPs website.

It would be nice if someone said they have fixed it for all and not just those who come on the forum and complain.

Just imagine if your air traffic control software worked this way.
N/A

Hm, I'd love to see PN try to get SIL certification for the VMU tool Wink
N/A

OK - I've read the FAQ's on product changed and found an appropriate question........

Question from darkgen :
I'm confused. Does the Premier Option 1 product offer a usage of 15GB or 30GB peak usage (4pm - midnight)?

Reply by James Bailey :
Once you have used 15GB at peak times P2P, Usenet and Non-PN FTP would be blocked. You can still use your account for surfing, Email, Gaming, so long as you don’t exceed 30GB.

But, how do I know how much P2P, Usenet and Non-PN FTP I have used? There is no View Internet Activities button!

Billing date 3rd April - but still don't know if I've been "refreshed". I have got my 240 free PlusTalk minutes, but that seem to be about the extent of it.

Bish