cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell are you playing at PlusNet?!?

N/A

First of all the facts...

Using Azureus, 1MB Premier connection, my next billing date hasn't kicked in yet, so not on the new plan, but i'm seeing 40k/sec - 75k/sec downloads at peak time, it's now 18:38 and my download speed is 61.3k/sec

What the hell is going on, i'd just grown accustomed to a nice slow 0.9k/sec-5k/sec download speed whenever downloading with azureus even on well seeded torrents at peak time and suddenly it's going fast, what are you playing at plusnet, giving me good speeds that I never asked for! Wink
4 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'm sure I can have a word with the Network guys and get them to put it back Smiley

Seriously though, I've no idea why your speeds should suddenly improve like that. Last time I saw a jump like that it was at a friends house when they forwarded the port they were using through their router. Have you made any changes like that recently?
N/A

Haven't made any change whatsoever, the PC's running the same as it has done for the last few months, just thought that maybe xmas and come early and i'd got some decent speeds!
N/A

I'm waiting for my speed to improve. i'm on 2mbit premier here and my torrents wizzing along nicely at 5kb/sec...it's almost as if i'm on dialup again - so exciting!!
Community Veteran

I have marked improvement on P2P speeds since the Ellocoya profile changes were made on 6th Dec. Prior to that date I could never max out my 1Mbs premier connection, even with a well seeded torrent, but since that day I have been able to max out off-peak when needed and even on-peak speeds are much better than before. And it may get better on my next billing period when the new profiles kick in.