cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with the service?

N/A

I can't play BF2, pings go sky high from 50 to 500 every few seconds, it's impossible to play Battlefield 2.

Anything going on with the service today?Huh
6 REPLIES
N/A

PN are restricting access all over the place by the looks of things..including P2P. Locking off ports or elacoys are all set wrong.
N/A

Ugh... are things gonna get back to normal? :/
N/A

No idea.I have been having problems now for 4 days..Ticket is open and nothing is being done..it better had or I'm off to another isp that values its customers
N/A

This is getting really annoying now.

I remember a few years ago when PluNet was one of the best ISP's around, everyone recomended it... what happened now?? Once in a while that I visit this forum I see posts about people leaving, or people having problems with their connection.

P.S. off topic, but I'd like to ask another question regrding speeds. When I connect to the internet on my PC, I get speed (on that baloon thing that shows up right bottom corner of the screen when you connect to the internet) of 8.1MB but when I connect to the internet on my laptop it varies from 5.1 to 6.1 MB. Any idea why?
N/A

It is most probably the speed your router thinks you are on. You have obviously been upped to max. The problem with max is that speed fluctuates all the time dependent on how congested your telephone exchange is and also the distance you are from the exchange. Mine also says this but i have never had 8.1mb. What router modem are you using?
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

P.S. off topic, but I'd like to ask another question regrding speeds. When I connect to the internet on my PC, I get speed (on that baloon thing that shows up right bottom corner of the screen when you connect to the internet) of 8.1MB but when I connect to the internet on my laptop it varies from 5.1 to 6.1 MB. Any idea why?

The maximum throughput an 8128 line can theoretically deliver is just over 7Mb/sec, and that's under ideal conditions. I have a rock steady 8128 line, and see throughput ranging from 1Mb/sec to 6.8 Mb/sec.

I'd say what you're seeing is pretty good, of you never see below 5.1Mb/sec.

Neil