Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the weather like?

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

What's the weather like?

There's a lot of serious posts on here at the moment and a lot debate, all of it welcome and all of it valid.

It's nearly 1am, Carry On Behind is on TV, and I've just gone to fridge to find the only drink I have is Cherryade, and that's frozen. Still cheaper than a Slush Puppie machine.

Anyway, I'll get to my point, and yes this thread probably should be in General Chit-Chat, but who cares, let's just have a pointless thread about nothingness. Just to get away from the seriousness of the rest of the posts.

So I'll start you off, what's the weather like where you are? Here, it's just stopped snowing and started to freeze.
87 REPLIES
N/A

What's the weather like?

Still snowing in good old creswell dave, was murder driving home.

On the Plus side though my dogs love the snow so we went out for an hour Smiley

I now have a very smelly/wet labrador and a very in_front_of_the_fire whippet Smiley

Regards,

Rich
LiamM
Grafter

What's the weather like?

You guys are both bloody lucky lol.

Never snows down here in Devon Sad. Well not properly anyway, we've been teased lots over the past few days but it has only ever snowed for a few minutes. According to the forecast there are chances of some heavy snowfall this afternoon. That would be nice!

On another note, I just went to my fridge, and cracked open an Ice Cold Beer Tongue

Cheers,
Liam (Liking the laid-back thread, at last!)
egrog52
Grafter

What's the weather like?

Took my mothers dog to the park this morning got stuck in the snow for a bit then stalled the car the battery died walked the dog 2 miles back to my mothers went to dentist bought new battery £25 not a good day!!!!!!!! Cry
N/A

What's the weather like?

Therea about 6 centimetres of snow down here now. Roads an'all.

Dogs are now firmly asleep, as is Sarah i'm debating going to bed..

not just yet though theres a choice of terminator 2 (on sci fi in 1 hour) or a bundle of DVD's i've not yet watched.

And yes, there are several beers calling to me from downstairs. four for a fiver from ASDA Cool perfect film fodder Smiley Oh and a bag of beef jerky.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

What's the weather like?

Took my mothers dog to the park this morning got stuck in the snow for a bit then stalled the car the battery died walked the dog 2 miles back to my mothers went to dentist bought new battery £25 not a good day!!!!!!!! Cry

My car cut out on the way home the other day. Only about two miles from home.

Got topwed by a friend, turned out to be a blockage in the fuel line, soon sorted.

Tis always a sod though isn't it Sad

Regards,

Rich
LiamM
Grafter

What's the weather like?

Where abouts are you Rich? You say "down here" but I thought you lot were up in Sheffield. Surely that counts as "Up There". I would consider myself "Down Here". Lol - interesting evening conversation - perhaps a point to consider though hehe.
N/A

What's the weather like?

We had 3 or 4 inches of snow last night (Tuesday) in Fife - hooray! - the kids got to build snowmen and throw snowballs. It's been 2 years since we had enough snow for that - bah to global warming. Not much chance of outside skating (or curling) nowadays. I remember when this was all fields...lol sign of getting old.

2am and I'm bored, better not raid the fridge/larder again my belt is getting too tight Sad
N/A

What's the weather like?

I do live near sheffiled, about 10 miles outside, in the sticks Smiley

Creswell.

Google Creswell Crags.

Regards,

Rich
Community Veteran

What's the weather like?

car the battery died

Hmmm that reminds me of a recent rather eventful trip home from 'up north' ...

Decided to stop and have a bite to eat at leicester forest east services (approx half way home). Just as I stopped, brother-in-law phones saying his mums PC may be infected with various viruses and what should he do. Spent 40 minutes talking through homecall on-line virus checking (via a dialup connection). Once sorted, I went in to get some food. Once fed and watered, came back out jumped back in car, turned on ignition and... Brrrrr... then nothing... tried again, lights on dash start to dim... oh dear... battery almost flat... how did that happen... Then realised when on phone earlier.... engine was not running but ignition on, headlights on, interior lights on, radio on and phone charger plugged into lighter socket and plugged into phone while talking. At this point alarm decided to go off (which happens when battery almost but not compleley flat for some reason). With no battery power, could not disable alarm via remote and could find no other way to stop alarm sounding.

After a few minutes (with the alarm sounding, drivers door open, bonnet up and me fiddling in the engine), I had a tap on my shoulder. 'Good evening sir, is this your car?'. Startled... I turned round to see two burly coppers + tourch looking at me suspiciously. 'Err... yes I said, I have a flat battery'

Spent next 10 minutes proving who I was (name, address, inside leg measurement, shoe size etc), that car was mine and 1 police vehicle check later all was well. I then explained again I had an almost flat battery which sets the alarm off - alarm was still sounding during this time and several 'on-lookers' had gathered to watch the pending 'arrest'.

'I just need a jump start and I'll be fine...', I said... 'any chance you can help?'. Eventually, coppers took pity on me and gave me a jump start and I arrived home about 10 mins ago, 5 hours 20 mins after leaving the pub.

Not much snow down may way, just a light sprinkling all over.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

What's the weather like?

Just looked out and it's started snowing again here. My cat doesn't like the snow very much.

Liam, I had thought about heading off for a few days holiday in your neck of the woods next week, but my criteria for a destination are, no flights, so driving distance and no snow. Might have to rule out Devon and Cornwall now if you're goingto get some snow.
N/A

What's the weather like?

I might have to flex the old crdit card again soon, Sarah really wants to go back to egypt or somehwere similar.

She's said we (i) can't go to Vegas, it's the wrong time of year for cancun..

Hmmmm.

I think we're off to New York next year (money permitting)

*sigh*

A holiday would be ace Smiley

Regrds,

Rich
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

What's the weather like?

Atlantic City isn't far from New York. Could do a bit of a detour.
N/A

What's the weather like?

she'd twig..

Oh for a stupid girlfriend :lol:

Regards,

Rich
Kev
Grafter

What's the weather like?

I had a break and wrote PlusNet in the snow Smiley

Yes I know I'm SAD but who cares. I LOVE snow Smiley