cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best time to P2P if on the Broadband Plus 2Mb?

N/A

I know the Plus account is not ideal for file-sharing, but it does mention that this is curtailed during 'peak times' in particular. So are there times when P2P sharing is not as slow?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Looking at the bandwidth utilization graphis will give you a better idea but they're broken at the moment and are currently being fixed with the addition of the new 155mbps pipe Plusnet have just lit up

You can find them here.

Generally, you'll get better speeds when the network is at it's quietest. Around about 2am - 4am.

However, I have found with BB+ that even between these times, P2P is still throttled a fairly large amount. Little more than ISDN speeds perhaps, in my experience.
N/A

Hey i've found early morning 7am till 10 is about 20-30kbs the rest of the day is about 14kbs and the middle of the night is prob fastest but I don't bother leaving my comp on over night, when I've come in at 2 or 3am its still only 14ish so mornings probably your best bet. Hope that helps Cheesy
N/A

when I've come in at 2 or 3am its still only 14ish

Quite interested to read this. I don't use peer-to-peer sharing, but have recently tried USENET overnight and certainly for that the speed increase took place around 01:00 (and I had assumed went from slow to 'dead slow') about 08:00 as per the traffic graphs.

Makes a mockery of the Plus.Net guy Mr Potesta (?) saying "from 4pm to midnight is peak" (as quoted on ADSLguide.org in a news item)