Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening to referals

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just noticed a new icon the account details for referals. It looks as though referal payments are going to be paid into a bank account instead but the text does not make a lot of sense as it's written at the moment.
18 REPLIES
N/A

Yep, from now on by the look of it (nice on PN, where was the announcementHuh), referals will be paid into a nominated bank account on a monthly basis once the amount owed reaches £5.00.

Whether the amount per referal has changed etc is another matter.
N/A

Sounds like a jolly cheeky method of making money to me.

Hold the money get the interest on it and give it back 10 months later (if you have one referal, bet they are hoping people will forget about it...

What was so wrong with how the system has been before, worked fine for me...
Community Veteran

Reading through I belive that's only for Free Dail Up accounts....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Does this mean that we won't get it deducted off of our monthly bill?

It's going to be paid more in arrears than at present so someone like me who only has £1 referrals will only get the money every 5 months - Plusnet getting interest in it in the meantime.

What happens to someone who has been getting referrrals but doesn't enter the bank details? Plusnet keep the money?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Click on the My Referrals button - everything there has changed.

Sample

"If you have one of our Pay As You Go dial-up services you can also earn money and non-customers can join our Partner Programme."

Ray
N/A

Also the clickthrough URL has changed for the referrals now - do both the OLD and NEW links work? Will I need to update all of my (old) banner clickthrough URL's so they track?

And there's a new "webmail email" link that they've done, which when you compose an email on the PlusNet webmail service there's a tick box at the bottom of it allowing you to add the following signature...

PlusNet up to 8Mb broadband - only £14.99
Award winning, super-fast up to 8Mb broadband from only £14.99 a month with
free setup! Already got broadband? - Move to PlusNet for free.

Discover PlusNet broadband

The last line of which is a link via your referral tracking URL.
csogilvie
Grafter

Hmm, hadn't noticed that tick box - I was concerned that it would just be blindly adding a signature (which I completely object to).

That's what I get for not scrolling down far enough Smiley
N/A

Is it really worth discussing the Referrals scheme, I mean, who in their right mind would recommend PlusNet to someone they know these days? Wink
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

Existing subscription customers (ones who pay a fee each month) will continue to get any referral value deducted from their subscription each month.

Non subscription customers can now earn money by recommending friends to PlusNet, the referral values will build up until they reach £5 and then be paid into the customers account. Each customer will be emailed asking them to submit account details when they have accrued £5 and at intervals after this time until they submit account details.
N/A

It all seems to say that after my ADSL migration they will continue to pay my referral money into my bank account - if I keep a dial-up PAYG account with PLusNet.

Which is nice of them.

So I must be reading it wrong.

Ray
csogilvie
Grafter

Mand,

That needs to be made clearer on the Bank Details page - or that page should be hidden from subscription accounts!
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Communication!! Communication!! Communication!!

Hi,

Existing subscription customers (ones who pay a fee each month) will continue to get any referral value deducted from their subscription each month.

Non subscription customers can now earn money by recommending friends to PlusNet, the referral values will build up until they reach £5 and then be paid into the customers account. Each customer will be emailed asking them to submit account details when they have accrued £5 and at intervals after this time until they submit account details.
N/A

So now people who have nothing to do with PlusNet (non-customers or those who have left) an recommend PlusNet to people purely to earn cash. Interesting approach...
I wonder what triggered this Wink
willhome
Grafter

its simply really plusnet want people to keep recommanding them