11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: What's happened to View My Usage?

> There have been no updates for over a week.:confused:

Looks like over 3 weeks this end Sad
N/A

Since 23rd December here.

It's the more frustrating because I went over my fair usage period by a couple of minutes on 16th December, and wanted to keep a track of how much time online I was using (I do use ModemLogger, but the logged times on Plus are always rather longer, and ModemLogger doesn't take account of the 0100-0700 "free" period).

Online time-tracking is essential with time-limited deals, but it seems that Plusnet (for all the good things about them) don't seem to care too much about this aspect.

N/A

I do feel sorry for people like your good self who need the usage meter to keep track. For me it's not required i know what i can use - but your right + Net seem to be slipping and it's not on - their logging machine should work all the time regardless - and seeing as they make so much cash why cant they have one that updates everytime you log off rather than every 2 days!?

cheers

andrew
N/A

> There have been no updates for over a week.:confused:

Good Morning,

I apologise for the recent problems with 'view my usage' , and a Service Status announcement was made a couple of days ago. A copy of the post is below.
'We are aware that the View my Usage tool on the Portal is not displaying usage correctly for all our customers. This is a problem with how the data is displayed, and not how it is collected. Usage is still being monitored and if you were to exceed your maximum number of fair-use hours at this time you would still receive a warning email.

Our developers have identified the cause of this problem and a solution is currently being tested. We expect to implement this solution tomorrow morning and after that, the previous usage data should become available over the course of the following 24 hours.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.'

Regards,

Martin

--
| Martin Cundell......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support..............................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

> I apologise for the recent problems with 'view my usage' , and a Service Status announcement was made a couple of days ago.

Thank you for the reply. I did, of course, check the service status before starting this thread but I could not see anything. Perhaps it scrolled off as an older anouncement. I suggest that announcements which are still in effect are not scrolled off until the issue is resolved.

N/A

Good Morning,

A fix had been implemented for View My Usage and it was anticipated that all
missing usage data would be available by today, however testing has revealed
that this isn't the case. Our Development team have been informed and are
working to fix the problem as a high priority, apologies for any further
inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net

N/A

There was certainly no service announcement when I looked.

Also, when I originally went over my fair usage, I didn't receive any email at all (so you're not still sending them out). And if you're not providing reliable tools to monitor usage, then how can we be expected to monitor our own usage in order to stay within the rules.

Anyway, it still isn't working ... some days have appeared, but others haven't.

There's also a problem with the Fair-Usage-Exceeded part of the display ... on mine it says "you have exceeded your fair usage quota between Monday 16th Dec and Monday 16th Dec" ... which is, of course, nonsense (it was actually 9th-15th).
N/A

> There was certainly no service announcement when I looked.
>
> Also, when I originally went over my fair usage, I didn't receive any email at all (so you're not still sending them out). And if you're not providing reliable tools to monitor usage, then how can we be expected to monitor our own usage in order to stay within the rules.
>
> Anyway, it still isn't working ... some days have appeared, but others haven't.
>
> There's also a problem with the Fair-Usage-Exceeded part of the display ... on mine it says "you have exceeded your fair usage quota between Monday 16th Dec and Monday 16th Dec" ... which is, of course, nonsense (it was actually 9th-15th).

Mike,

According to our records an e-mail was sent to you on 18/12 to the contact address on your account and to your postmaster@username address, if you have not received it at either of those addresses then we will investigate further.

You should find the missing stats from the last few days are now starting to appear and they should be fully available tomorrow, we will make a further service announcement when we are confident this problems is resolved.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net

fistsbs
Grafter

I now have two Dialup Usage Historys.

Other Dialup Service (101) Usage History

Connect (080Cool Dialup Usage History

Why?

You have used 0h 0m during the FREE hours of 1am - 7am daily

I have used some free hours.
N/A

I wouldn't worry pal.

I have an always on connection and although i don't run my machine 24/7 i do know that i used more than the 10 mintues VMU is showing for the monday just gone!

It's truely lost the plot...
N/A

Definitely no emails, either to my PlusNet or the external email accounts (although I do get the billing notifcation emails).

Also, can you perhaps clarify just how the usage works ... I thought I understood it, with 10+10 hours a week ... so, each week I have, in effect, 20 hours allowance. But it doesn't seem to work like this, because I'd expect the allowance to reset to 20 hours at the start of the next week (and indeed, that's exactly what "View my usage", when it's working properly, shows).

However, I've been careful since I went over my limit by a few minutes (the PlusNet timings being just a little longer than my online stopwatch shows), yet I've been caught again.

It seem now that the descriptions are a little misleading, and in fact the 20 hours is not for each successive 7 day period, but is rather for the 7 day period including the current day. If this _is_ the case, perhaps "View My Usage" could be better presented