cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going to happen when this happens again?

N/A

Does anyone know what is going to happen when this whole situation starts again? Have Plusnet now got another strategy?

I'm wondering because, there are always going to be new users and some of those will be heavy usage users. So what happens next month if 50 users use more than 100/120/140GB (whatever the current figure is)

Is this BBP now some kind of deterent?

Are you simply going to warn then cancel accounts if your warnings are ignored?

I was just wondering as there are always going to be users who go over the recommend usage limit.
21 REPLIES
N/A

recommend usage limit.

But we dont know what this is.

It was 140GB, but Ive also seen 120GB and 100GB quoted.

Any ideas?
Alecto
Grafter

Is this thread any different from all the others about the Bad Boys and their Bad Boy Pipe?
Community Veteran

It is pointles posting questions you know cannot be answered - what do you hope to gain by doing so?

It appears to be another excuse to start another thread on the subject to me and there are more than enough already to get your point across. Please consider all the other users here who are fed up of this.
N/A

It was suggested to create a seperate forum for discussion of the problems.

Its a bit selfish to keep locking threads, just because the problems doesnt currently effect you, or wont effect in the future.
N/A

The idea of a new forum was rejected, as for each reason to have it, there are two reasons not to have it.

The moderators have been accused on multiple occasions of being biased towards those not affected by this, which simply isn't true. Segregating them to there own forum would be yet another excuse to have a pop at us.

Its a bit selfish to keep locking threads

It's also selfish to keep creating new ones, buying genuine problems that need answering for others.

The FAQ created last week, to answer some of the common questions was unstickied yesterday. After only 1 week from publication, it vanished 4 pages down.

Prior to this, you could have 2 week old threads 1 page back.

The real kicker at the end of the day is, if you don't want your thread locked, act in an appropriate manor and consider others.

We are not stopping debate, we are simply stopping it run amok.
N/A

It appears to be another excuse to start another thread on the subject to me and there are more than enough already to get your point across. Please consider all the other users here who are fed up of this.

It's not an excuse at all, I was just curious if the contended pipe is now a full time feature, thats all.

If it is then that answers my questions, if it's not what is going to happen when this all comes around again.
N/A

buying genuine problems that need answering for others.

Thats part of the problem some of the mods and TTMs, as well as Plusnet Customer Service dont seem to think that it is a genuine problem.
N/A

I think valleyboy1 has raised a valid question, although I also agree with acarr that these threads are getting really old now and quite frankly a bit pathetic, the guys that keep starting them seriously need to move on.

But back to valleyboys question; is this 'bad boys pipe' going to be a permanent fixture and future heavy leechers will be rotated between it on a regular basis or?

Sorry if this was already answered in the new FAQ but I dont fancy sifting through pages of the bad-boy's rhetoric to find a simple answer.
N/A

Its a perfectly valid question, you see im off soon anyway so i could have the attitude "that im alright jack"

But my whole problem has been the vague answering and the way it has been dealt with so i ask this question to PLUSNET staff..........

What action and if any, will be taken to those users who you consider in the future to be of a high user?

How many users were in the bracket of download 60-140mb?

the above question i would really like an answer to

I think an honest and fair answer to the remaining customers is required because there are a number of people that are on the borderline of the "acceptable usage" "imaginary cap" "limit" or whatever you want to call it that have concerns about the issue and are considering the next move i.e do i stay or do i go.
N/A

Thats part of the problem some of the mods and TTMs, as well as Plusnet Customer Service dont seem to think that it is a genuine problem.

We in no way think it isn't a genuine problem. 5KB speeds on a product you are informed should be (not will be before we go there) 3 times faster is simply unreal.

The problem is, these issues are not for the Moderators or TTMs to fix, now can we answer officialy. We simply spread the information we are given.

We don't however think there is a genuine need to keep starting new threads, when there are existing ones available.

No matter which thread is replied to, it is bumped to the top of the pack, so it isn't as if it will go amiss.

I will admit, it is hard to see the genuine questions from noise within these threads, however, this is to be expected and is your own doing.

We will continue the policy of locking threads where appropriate.
Community Veteran

But back to valleyboys question; is this 'bad boys pipe' going to be a permanent fixture and future heavy leechers will be rotated between it on a regular basis or?

What action and if any, will be taken to those users who you consider in the future to be of a high user?

I think this is answered in the FAQ Wink

Are you planning on doing this again?
No. As mentioned earlier in this FAQ, we believe that the actions we have taken are the fairest way of addressing the situation that we have identified. We have yet to see how effective this solution will be, both in the short and long terms.

One of the objectives of this exercise was to ensure that all customers have a better understanding about why our products are designed the way that they are, and why we have taken the actions that we have.

It is likely, however, that we will gain some customers whose usage does not fit the product design, or that the usage of some of our current customers will change to be outside of the product design. We will always do our best to ensure that such situations are dealt with fairly, and in the best interests of our customers.

Sorry if this was already answered in the new FAQ but I dont fancy sifting through pages of the bad-boy's rhetoric to find a simple answer.

Appology accepted Wink
N/A

petervaughan
Tutorial Team Member

Yes i read that but it was a bit vague, this situation was originally stated as a one off to "educate" users...!

and my other question was not answered, if you would be so kind to answer this for me please.........

How many users were in the bracket of download 60-140mb? and what percentage does it work out to?

Thanku
Community Veteran

The reason it is vague is because plusnet cannot say they will never do this again or take some other action in the future. They have to leave their options open to deal with any future situaton as they see fit. That is a sensible approach because no-one knows what will happen tomorrow, let alone in 2, 3, 6 months time and the ISP industry is changing ever faster.

My understanding from discussions with Pluisnet in the usergroup is plusnet have no plans to put new customers or those existing customers that have increased their usage to an unacceptable level on the managed pipe. That does not mean at some future date this plan will be reviewed and changed but for now that is the situation. I don't think Plusnet can state this any clearer.

If I could have answered your other Q I would have done so, but that info is not available and has not been mentioned in the usergroup either. Only Plusnet can answer that one but I may add it may actually be something that is commercially sensitive so would not be released.
N/A

Thanku for answering my question peter, i amire the job you have to do on behalf of plusnet but i do not envy you Wink

I would still like plusnet to answer that question as for being "commercialy sensitive" then maybe it is, but by stating percentages then i would be curious as to how many are in the 60-140gb bracket and what percentage it is.......

the reason for this is that it has already been stated that anyone above 60gb is not sustainable so for this reason alone it makes sense to find out what percentage could be "unsustainable" on a long term basis based on the past few months usuage i just have a feeling that 0.3% could rise significantly to alot higher percentage.