cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the Mac codes?

N/A

Are customers on the BBP being rushed through? Do we have to specifically ask for our orders to be rushed through?I contacted customer service yesterday and asked for my Mac code when can I expect to get this?

I really want to sort this migration business out today, as quite honestly my current connection isn't at all suitable for what I want to do and it's annoying me everyday I am with Plusnet paying for something i'm not getting.

So if someone from Plusnet can help here, that would be great.
8 REPLIES
N/A

I was just about to ask the same thing, been waiting since yesterday for my MAC number as I would like to get the ball rolling today. I can't even enjoy simple web surfing anymore, and playing Counterstrike is a complete non-starter.
Community Veteran

Unless Plusnet CS here are made aware of your requests they get answered in the normal way and your position in the ticket queue will determin when it is actioned, just like everyone else who have raised tickets for whatever reason. Your ticket does not pop-up automatically and seen by CS as soon as you create it, it follows the normal ticket actioning system.

Also stating in your ticket your on the contended pipe will mean your MAC key may be generated quicker.
N/A

Although I can see the response above I just thought I'd add a "me too!" :-(
N/A

In the thread below Josh is doing them for customers, so hopefully he'll do mine now as well *hint, hint*
N/A

Could someone make this a bit clearer for me please...........

I requested my mac code on saturday and when going through the process had to state where i would be moving to, i have since changed my mind about which new isp i will be going to

Does this mean i have to request my mac code again or is the mac code the same no matter where you go?

Thanks
Community Veteran

The MAC code has nothing to do with who you intend to migrate to. Plusnet only asked so they know what ISP you intended to move to for their records and plays no part in the MAC key generation.

You can use your your MAC code to migrate to any ISP you like who support MAC migrations within 30 days of receiving it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

So long as you didn't give the Mac to the first ISP and they used it then cancelled the order you don't have to give it the ISP you've told us.
Part of the reason we ask which ISP you are moving to is for our own reporting, the Mac is actually valid for any ISP.
N/A

Thanku for a speedy response,

As i have said before had nearly 3 years excellent service with PLUSNET but the time has come to move to a ISP that provides a sevice more suitable to my needs

I hope PLUSNET can learn from thier mistakes over the whole "bad boy" pipe scenario so this never happens again.

All the best

Wink