cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on here.....

Community Veteran

Mark doesn't work for PlusNet. He is a customer like you or I.

Chris
5 REPLIES
N/A

What is going on here…..

On 22/8 I ordered ADSL with PlusNet and waited patiently.
Order tracker quickly showed “Passed to BT” and I waited patiently.
On 5/9 at 22:00 I raised a Ticket chasing as it was now 14Days.
On 7/9 at 17:00 I got a reply saying that the exchange has No capacity and I would have to wait for an upgrade or for a connection to be ceased.

I check the status of the exchange and although the VP shows Amber the ports are Green. Then Surprise Surprise!

On 7/9 at 22:01 The order tracker shows the line is Activated and Hardware ordered?

I’m I expected to believe that BT have Upgraded the exchange in the last 5 hours or are PlusNet being economical with the truth?

I have read many cases on this forum of how PlusNet have been misleading their Customers of late. I hope this is not another example? :?
N/A

The activation process is normally automated. If PN say the line is active it is because thats what BT have told them.

That is no guarantee that this is the case. BT have been wrong before and maybe again.

Untill you try and connect, you wont really know for sure.
N/A

I'm a relatively new customer (June 2005). Responses such as that from Mark do not re-assure me that Plusnet is providing a quality service.

Here a customer has expressed concern and has received a trite reply. I am not impressed.
N/A

Sorry, my mistake
Shockedops:
N/A

I am a new customer to PN and awaiting my broadband installation which is due tomorrow.

However, I can agree with Mark here on this one as I work for a systems integrator that supply high volume ADSL to coorporates etc and have much experience of many of the ADSL providers. The common theme in all these things is BT. You can often get a peice of information from one part of BT and a completly different peice of infomation from another part. That not to say that PN are handling the infomation efficiently but 9 times out of 10 they are at the mercy of the BT systems...

Chris