cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's all the fuss about?

ziggx
Grafter

I am at a bit of a loss to understand all the whining that goes on here. Like many people I have been patiently waiting for BT to upgrade my exchange. On Friday, I got an email from +net saying my free upgrade would go through sometime this week. This morning... viola! free upgrade. Now I could moan that +net hasn't told me I've got it (like they supposed to monitor my line speed 24/7) but no doubt when BT pass on the info they will contact me.
Oh and I got the full 2mb.
From my perspective, I have a good reliable service. I don't use p2p, I am not a gamer, I don't transfer more than around 10 gig per month. The service looks pretty damn good from here. I'm on premier because I work from home. If I wanted 100gig transfers per month I would MOVE to an ISP who provides it. I think it is important to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen ISP. I have five networked computers running here. We use the net for business everyday and it works for me. I am sure this is the same for many others -- otherwise there would be a mass exodus out of +net. Strangely, this isn't happening so either people are happy or stupid. I believe it is the former.

Best Wishes
Ziggx
15 REPLIES
rammie1976
Grafter

Re: What's all the fuss about?

I am at a bit of a loss to understand all the whining that goes on here. ....... so either people are happy or stupid. I believe it is the former.

Best Wishes
Ziggx

I'm with you!! :lol:

I'm not a heavy d/ler either and have chosen my ISP accordingly - if my circumstances change, then so might my ISP. Simple init?
N/A

Been with +net over a year, ok for me for my pattern of use. Agree with the previous two posts Cheesy .
Pathfinder
Grafter

Agree with all 3 of you. Cheesy

N/A

A lot of people are moaning because of the service they are getting. I'm on broadband premier which is supposedly suitable for large downloads and optimum speeds at peak time - it isn't. About a year ago I couldn't stop singing their praises, having come from AOL and BT Broadband I thought PN were the best out there and many others would agree.

Changes to T&C, customers being kept in the dark, throttling of speeds for a supposedly 2mb service just doesn't sound so attractive.

Got my mac key today.
Metalguru
Grafter

Re: What's all the fuss about?

I think it is important to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen ISP.

Agreed.

IMHO +Net strength is it's reliable service and value for money. I like you don't need warp speeds or humungus downloads.

But I do believe their weakness to be customer service particularly with regard to a consistant communications strategy.
N/A

Haven't noticed any slow downs at peak times or difficulty downloading large files....
N/A

I've had nothing but excellent service from PN so in my view, they are a totally solid ISP.
Community Veteran

I agree with all of you too. I came to PlusNet from AOL a little under two years ago as I have a Mac, and AOL don't do broadband for Macs.

Now, I'm getting 2MBps for less than I used to pay for dial-up (I'm on Broadband Light, having switched from Home Surf), which can't be bad!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Pathfinder
Grafter

Man, I'm just feeling the love on this forum tonight. Cheesy

Nics to see so many of us "happy ones" out in force tonight.
N/A

even your been nice weyoftheweb :-)
Pathfinder
Grafter

even your been nice weyoftheweb :-)

As I said, I'm feeling the love here tonight. Want a snog? Tongue
N/A

perv i'm married
Pathfinder