cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What price Tiscali UK now?

decomplexity
Rising Star

Even though Tiscali is denying that the UK arm is for sale, parent Tiscali S.p.A is somewhat strapped for cash and today’s Times is predicting that Tiscali UK will be snapped up by one of the large ISPs. Since it mentions BT as one of the circling predators, this might at least make transferring a Tiscali LLU MAC easier! On the other hand, if Orange buys Tiscali…
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I'd pay £0.01 for it as a whole; but a fair bit more for equipment and customers....
csogilvie
Grafter

BT are current favourites apparently, but that rumours been around before.

It would be interesting to see what happens if BT did buy it... I assume it would be allowed through the govt. dept that deals with competition etc.
retep
Grafter

N/A

Shouldn't this be in VOIP and Everything Internet, or General Chit Chat?
carrot63
Grafter

Since the OP suggests (perhaps optimistically) that a BT takeover could make it easier to get rid of LLU, and LLU issues are being extensively discussed in "community support", surely it is relevant here? Anything that disolves Tiscali in a financial acid bath is something the community should support.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
James
Grafter

The article I read was suggesting that Tiscali and AOL were being seen as nice targets for both SKY and Carphone.
Liam
Grafter

I think it depends which arm would soap up Tiscali.

I would imagine it would be the Retail arm... and they are subject to exactly the same port and central costs for providing ADSL as we are. BT Wholesale are not allowed to charge BT Retail less for providing broadband services than other ISPs.

I've heard rumours before of BT Retail looking into LLU options - which sounds very silly but is actually quite reasonable.
Community Veteran

Anything that disolves Tiscali in a financial acid bath is something the community should support.

Harsh words but I like the idea. Cheesy
Community Veteran

hmm, there seems to be a cleaning theme emerging in this thread what with baths and soap Tongue

Out of interest if tiscali were to be soaked (or soaped as the case maybe) up / dissolved in a financial acid bath what would happen to those of us on LLU should things come to the point (this is more if they were dissolved in a financial acid bath Tongue) where our internet access was cut off.
shellsong
Grafter

Don't vets soap up their arms when looking a gift beast in the ...erm Shockedops:
N/A

Anything that disolves Tiscali in a financial acid bath is something the community should support.

That has to win a prize as quote of the month Smiley

As for your concerns Dan, I dont think that would be a reality tbh. Tiscali would be sold in its current form as a going concern. I dont see the prospect of customers being left high and dry in those circumstances as being a possibiltiy tbh.
Alecto
Grafter

if Tiscali were to be soaked / dissolved in a financial acid bath what would happen to those of us on LLU

Well I woudn't bother ringing Plusnet support, any way. :lol:
Though they have promised that it will get better. :lol: :lol:
carrot63
Grafter

That has to win a prize as quote of the month Smiley

Thanks. My subconcious indulging in fantasies again, I think.

We're not Tiscali customers, so its almost irrelevant, but one of the things that makes me squirm a little, as with the Bulldog and Toucan takeovers is that phrase about "buying customers". We stopped selling human beings 200 years ago, and I dislike the notion of my continuing patronage being taken as a given.
N/A

you're all forgetting the point that PN jumped into bed with Tiscali despite repeated warnings on this forum. The mac key problem was never addressed at the beginning and there warnings about that too. PN are as much to blame as Tiscali on this.