cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What isPlusnet policy for revert back from LLU to IPstream ?

N/A

What is the policy of Plusnet for reverting customers from LLU back onto BT IPstream ?

I am not happy with the LLU connection which Plusnet provide via Tiscalli due to the occasional disconections I have had, although my download speeds are usually very good at about 5400kbps, probably because I live just 1.4 Km from the exchange. There was one occasion when I had no connection for over a day and another occasion when download speed reduced to a trickle for another day.

As a result I have asked for a MAC code to move to SKY but this is a leap in the dark as the service quality of SKY broadband is unknown, and of course it requires a contract of a years service.

The only way that I will stay with Plusnet is to get off the Tiscalli LLU service with out any extra charge for reverting back to BT Ipstream. Is this possible?
19 REPLIES
N/A

Hmm,

This is a case by case situation I think. I cant and wont comment too much and certainly dont speak on behalf of or for Plusnet. If im honest with you your doing 10x better than me. Your 1.4KM from the exchange...well im 1.38 and my sync is around 3500 with a MSR of 3000. So youre almost 2.5mb ahead of me there.

As for the switch back, I think this will really depend on your level of service, whether youve had many problems or not, as well a few other factors.

The only thing we can do is leave one of the comms to pick this up as they would be the only ones to act on this.

Regards,
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Unfortunately we would not be able to move you back to IPStream without charge, as you have not had a long term fault or suffering from poor general performance.

The two issues you have encountered have been down to outages suffered recently, and were resolved quickly on each occasion, although we appreciate that these issues can be very frustrating.
N/A

So if like me you've been getting disconnects regularly for the past couple of weeks, making online gaming (which is my main use) virtually impossible then I could be moved back for free?
Mand
Grafter

Hi

If you have had a fault logged and we have been unable to resolve this issue for you it is possible we would migrate you back. The best option is to raise a ticket and we will investigate for you.
N/A

I've had a ticket open on this since 8th August:

ID #ID: 20005949

Thanks.
N/A

I've asked several times and have been given a complete runaround (never been told "no" outright, just told to wait for the fault to be cleared). Nearly a month with ZERO broadband service.
N/A

The two issues you have encountered have been down to outages suffered recently, and were resolved quickly on each occasion, although we appreciate that these issues can be very frustrating.

I have had several occasions over the last few days when my internet connection to Plusnet has failed although my router is apparently still connected. The solution is to manually disconnect the router and reconnect. This poor performance of Plusnet seems to be a known problem so I see little point me personaly raising a ticket, and I certainly do not intend to attempt to phone Plusnet support as that is likley to involve an hour waiting on hold. This is the latest in a series of problems that I have experienced since being moved onto LLU.

What I expect from Plusnet is a reliable trouble free internet service and that is not the case with LLU via Tiscalli. A friend of mine who lives just 300 yds from my house is on BTinternet with MaxDSL and IPstream, on the same exchange as me, and he has had a completely reliable service during the time I have been experiencing this LLU fiasco from Plusnet. As a result I have lost confidence in Plusnet and the refusal to allow a free revert back to IPstream from LLU simply reinforces my desire to move to another ISP.
N/A

I was moved to LLU without being given the chance to opt out -- and without being told of the implications (that MAC-based moves to IPStream would no longer possible). Could I be moved back to IPStream?
N/A

Same situation as you, no service for nearly a month, and I have finally after much prodding been refused transfer; or to be exact, free transfer, implying I could pay for it!
N/A

I have posted this elsewhere but it is relevant...

In fact this thread is MORE relevant.

Switching from LLU back to IPStream isn't quite the same. It's an entirely manual process, of which we can only do at most 5 or 10 a week, which takes at least 2 weeks (a week to get a MAC and a week to do the order) and costs £47 a time.

If you get this answer - tell PlusNet politely that they can action the change and bill themselves......

Ian Wild.. (quite a senior bod @ Plusnet) stated elsewhere that the migration to LLU from BT took PN up to 4 weeks. PlusNet have also stated that each customer should have received 2 emails, one in advance warning of intention to transfer and offering an opt out.. and a further email closer to final transfer. Plusnet have consistently failed to adhere to this (see other posts from disgruntled customers elsewhere) - PN state that transferring back will only occur if customer had opted out, yet strangely witheld that right from the customer...

INSIST ON REVERSE MIGRATION at PNs cost if you are not happy.................................................

Sorry to but in PN - im not an LLU customer, but your actions and stance on LLU are laughable....
N/A

I haven't had an email, but I did get a call to say I'll be moved to LLU shortly.

I originally opted in, since I wanted to test the process, and see how it was comparably.

Recently because of a few developments which I can't go into at present, I decided to opt out.

I raised the opt out request:

Your comment 9:20am, Thursday 24th August 2006
[Support Wizard Journey]
[I would like to opt out of the LLU upgrade programme]
[Trials Wizard]
[LLU Opt Out]
[Additional Information]
Previously I requested to opt in to the LLU programme once it was made available in my area.
Is it possible to now opt out please.
Regards

James

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 10:10am, Thursday 24th August 2006
Please take this response as acknowledgement of your request to remain on BT provided service, no changes will be made to your connection.

Regards
Customer Support

Question Topic: Your question | ID: 20135263 Closed

Makes perfect sense you think?

Well, yes, until you read the next ticket:

CS Agent Name Removed Training/Comms 11:44am, Friday 25th August 2006
Called EU to advise that LLU opt out could not be actioned as order already placed, VM left.

Regards,
CS Agent Name Removed

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

[Notification sent to: jhaigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com]

Bizarre huh?

Incidentally - EU=End User (Me) VM=Voice Mail (received)

Now I'm not that bothered, if it works, great, if it doesn't it'll help me understand some of the issues and frustrations others have.

My main issue is the conflicting communications, this seems to be the norm these days. I really don't like the false and meaningless answers given, perhaps this is part of the process at PN? Do people have to pick up the oldest tickets and resond, regardless of whether they know the answer or not?

Anyhow, rant over for a bit, time to wait and see how it goes!
N/A

Unfortunately I can't wait any longer, have been flatly refused reverse transfer and so my only recourse looks to be will be to cease service, move elsewhere and claim the 47 quid back from PN afterwards.
N/A

I've been left in the same situation for nearly a month. My only option left is to cancel, and that is what i've done.
monty
Grafter

judging by todays service post

Service Status: Portal Slowdowns - (Ref 34996) - NEW

it looks like Plusnet have been LLU'd :lol: and somebody forgot to send them a 14 day notice.....