cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong?

N/A

What is wrong?

To all those who feel like they can't leave yet..get your MAC codes now, so that when they go bust.. you don't have a problem..!
43 REPLIES
N/A

What is wrong?

What on earth is wrong with Plus Net?

I am getting rubbish speeds for absolutely everything that I do, from browsing, media streaming, ftp, torrents - NOTHING is fast no matter how much i tweak my settings.

Something is clearly wrong. Why have I not been contacted by Plus Net and informed of what is wrong and what they intend to do to fix it?

What sort of company is this that I am handing over £20 odd quid a month to?

To make it worse I signed up for some sort of free set-up deal two years ago, and apparently it will still cost me loads if i now want to change to another company - that wasn't made too clear at the time! (Bulldog don't do this - to my knowledge)

Very very shoddy. If i only gave them £10 instead of £20 they would be the first to complain and cut me off, but if they only let me use their service at way less than half speed, i apparently don't even get informed let alone any discount. Pathetic.
N/A

What is wrong?

Same story here....and again it's the lack of acknowledgment from PN that there even is a problem that pisses me off more than anything.
What the hell do we have to do to get PN to sit up and take some notice?

I am running my own business, and if i provided the poor quality service that PN do i'd be out of business in weeks.
I bend over backwards to keep my customers happy. This is how any decent thinking company operates.
PN have become a wholly unprofessional outfit..and the really sad thing is that they don't care.
N/A

What is wrong?

Yes same sort of issues.
The 'radio silence' from PN is equally disturbing.
Gorvul
Grafter

What is wrong?

I'm also getting very poor speeds today. P2P is still a waste of time in trying it, unless you have vampire tendencies and live by night rather than by day. I too am getting fed up and want to leave , but I have to pay £67 to Plusnet do so. When something goes wrong with the service is takes ages for an announcement to make this clear. If I didn't have to pay the £67 I'd have left long ago. I imagine there are a lot of people who are in the same situation, who are dissastisfied, and would leave if they didn't have to pay to do so.
Maybe all who are in this situation could comment.. then Plusnet might do something....
I can pay far less (than £22 per month) to get a better level of service than the current one. i.e. a bit of surfing.

I can't even play pool at yahoo games anymore. Sad
anyone reading this who is able to play pool there without lag, could you let me know please.

anyway, I can only agree and empathise with the previous posts.
Gorvul
Grafter

What is wrong?

oh, and on this site there is an annoying little clock reminding us to put our clocks back an hour, yet the forum time here is still the wrong time. hmmm.... just an observation...
N/A

What is wrong?

yet the forum time here is still the wrong time.

Go to your profile settings (top of this page) and set the timezone to GMT...i guess yours are on GMT+1 still Smiley
N/A

What is wrong?

I'm currently writing a short piece to send to all and sundry who might care about this - Local/National rags IT news and the like.

I fully intend to broadcast on each blog i contribute to exactly how bad they are. I fully intend to encourage any friends that aren't trapped in by Plus Net to leave, and for all new friends, family and customers to choose a different ISP.

On top of this I will be writing to a watchdog about them failing to deliver the service they so proudly advertise.

This is the only notification they will get that I am doing this - it is far more notification than they have ever given me over their problems.
N/A

What is wrong?

hmmm. Should have asked 'what's not wrong'. PN is crumbling away and to talk about it's faults would take about 15 pages.
bigtim
Grafter

What is wrong?

£67 to leave :shock:
Gorvul
Grafter

What is wrong?

yet the forum time here is still the wrong time.

Go to your profile settings (top of this page) and set the timezone to GMT...i guess yours are on GMT+1 still Smiley

Thank you ahoids Smiley
N/A

What is wrong?

Speeds are awfull for me too
N/A

What is wrong?

Thanks god it's not just me...This has been the case since 23/10/06. I have sent 3 tickets to PN support..who are obviously bots that send out a default message reply to every question I have asked. I have explained in detail that my speeds are crap, pings to gameservers approach 2000ms, downloads are awful and usenet connects at 30KB/s if I'm lucky!!

After wasting my time describing the whole problem 3 times in 3 tickets, I wrote at the bottom of the last one 'Please don't send the apparent default reply to every ticket, and does anyone actually read this??'

The reply...Which was the same for all 3 was

"The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support"

What are we supposed to do? I have been giving the replies a satisfaction level of 1 star in the hope that someone higher up may take note of the falling stats Cry

A nice little speed checker can be found here:http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

My connection is revving like a chav on a moped :?
N/A

What is wrong?

Doesn't matter if you're a vampire - still rubbish speeds all day and all night.

I Think we should all send jokes to the customer service staff - thanks to their incompetent management team their lives are being made hell by us poor punters who are a bit fed up with the service.

For each joke you send send an email to the ombudsman complaining about the thieving bastards in charge of PlusNet who are probably getting some fat bonus to rip us off a treat.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What is wrong?

And there's me thinking it might have something to do with PlusNet not investing in capacity over some time, and more concerned with selling the business off (as has been rumored) which is going to happen soon.

It may be connection related, or the recent Ellacoya update which throttles any encrypted traffic (I assume any, not heard anything on the contrary).

I might be wrong though - any news when the Comms team are going to be back on here after nearly a month's absence at a time when support was allegedly getting better...?