cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with PLUS NET??

N/A

Hi,

This is the first complaint I've ever had to make to Plus net! It has taken me 5 mins to access this forum and I'm on a 2mb line, this is ludicrious.

I would also like to know what this means? Are you denying access to me sending emails?

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<rornahea@sirinet.net>:
host mail.sirinet.net [198.203.196.92]: 550 5.7.1 <rornahea@sirinet.net>... ACCESS DENIED to ptb-relay01.plus.net by okrbl

I need urgent answers to this matter please.

Cass
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Reason 550 means the destination mailbox is invalid/does not exist

You need to check you are using the correct TO email address.
N/A

Hi Peter,

I can receive emails from them, I just can't send them. They are taking a course and I need to respond to their lessons. I've also had this with a couple of my class in Brazil too.

So no way is the account invalid and not being used by any of them.

Cass
Community Veteran

As Peter said you need to check the TO address is set correctly. Is this correct?
Community Veteran

Just because they can send emails to you does not mean the return address they supplied is actually valid.

Do you have a hotmail or gmail account you can verify the address with?

I can try to send them an email from a hotmail account if you want me to?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Sirinet apparently have a spam filter on all their accounts.
Is it possible you are falling foul of that like I do with AOL frequently
N/A

Hi again

Yes everything is working elsewhere except with plus net. I wouldn't make a complaint until I had gone through everything I possibily could first!

Cass
N/A

Oh yes and all other tutors can email WITH correct address, send and reply. There is more than a modicum of intellect here!

Cass
N/A

it could well be the remote server has plusnets mail server on a blacklist. might be worth raising a ticket and getting plusnet to investigate it
N/A

Hi Hotlane,

I've got one of the other tutors trying to deal with that for me, as I had thought of that possibility. However, the Brazil email addresses are Yahoo accounts and they don't have the spam filters. Everything was all ok until the middle of last week, now it's totally frustrating, as I'm having other tutor's send my correction of lessons. They have enough work of their own without having to do mine too!

Regards
Cass
Community Veteran

We don't all have crystal balls to we know what you have or have not tried. We can only base our replies on the information you have given us + our experience.

Now we have more info it does look like they are rejecting emails from PlusNet's mail servers for some reason but the error gives no other indication than error 550. As stated above, this often happens and there is very little PN can do about it if another mail server decides it will not accept mail from another.

All you can do is raise a ticket and see if PN can investigate and find out why their mail servers are beng blocked.
N/A

Thanks S Rae,

Looks like I'll have too

regards
Cass
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think the problem is that the server host are using an RBL to block spam, "okrbl" in the reject message. Unfortunately I can't find anything else about okrbl, I suggest contacting the server host direct and see if they can supply some more information about okrbl and if we are listed there arrange for it to be removed if possible.
N/A

Hi Dave,

Thank you, I have one of the other tutor's trying to get this done for me. I'll keep you informed.

Regards
Cass