cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is with the new monitor for broadband usage?

N/A

Why does it display peak and off peak usage, yet it was i have used 9Gb peak usage, yet only 0.42 usage total for the month, the math does not add up at all? Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
N/A

this is because the 9gb peak usage is probably for this week alone

ie mines says i've used 2.04gb (both) this month, but my total is 2.5gb for this week, its because my month starts on the 27th.

When i first read it, it was a bit confusing, but it does actually work out correct.

regards
mike
N/A

Hello hillio,

The new VMBU tool has been long waited and is aimed at helping users monitor their downloads with the focus being especially on figures for peak time useage which is the one most people are complaining or moaning about.

However if you want to check your own downloads very closely & with a high degree of accuracy I use a very wonderful little program which is freeware called NetMeter Beta. If you think you've downloaded less than the F9 VMBU tool shows atleast you can cross reference with NetMeter (indeed this did happen to me, my useage seemed quite high for a particular day and I just couldnt figure out how F9 arrived at this amount but I checked with Netmeter and Yes! the F9 stats were correct much to my suprise.

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

**I highly recommend NetMeter its a brilliant little program 10 out of 10.

Ivan