cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is upstream on MaxDSL?

N/A

After numerous tickets, I finally got someone at PlusNet to put in a MODIFY request to regrade me. I've been paying £39.99 since joining in January of last year, and was told in June that I'd get 8mb in November. That obviously came and went. The final notice was from 1st April and that 8mb payees would get priority.

I've now gotten a ref number to say my request has been submitted (but an admission it should already have been done) and I should be regraded by Friday 20th April at the latest.

Now, a quick question. Is there any increase to the upstream speed with MaxDSL, or are we still stuck with 256kbs? I've seen some info around that seems to show higher upstream. 256Kbs was ok with 512k or 1Mb, started to seem slowish with 2Mb, but will be a positive crawl when up against a possible 8Mb downstream. Upload speeds will then be 24 times slower then download. Sad
2 REPLIES
N/A

I believe it does change but it depends on the contention ratio (Whether your residential at 50:1 or business at 20:1).

I cant remember exactly what the differences are but the Business one is about 850k upload or something like that. As fast as my current broadband lol

Just found this:

We are now seeing 448kbps upload on out MaxDSL home customers,

So its like twice as fast for residential and 4 times as fast for business compared to our old 256k which always seemed to be at like 200k :lol:
N/A

Thanks for that. Looks like we might get some improvement then.