Did you mean: 

What is my MAC Code?

N/A

What is my MAC Code?

What is my MAC Code
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What is my MAC Code?

MAC stands for Migration Authorisation Code.

It is a code issued by your current ISP which allows you to migrate to another ISP without having the cancel your ADSL service and re-apply for it (and pay an activation fee) with another ISP.

Are you thinking of leaving PlusNet?

You can get a MAC via the Help & support link at the top then Customer Services & Billing, then Account Mangement, then Move to another ISP.

You will have to fulfil any outstanding contract obligations and fees applicable to your account and their is a 30 day notice period.
N/A

What is my MAC Code?

ah... saves me starting a new thread then.

This means that PlusNet do use Migration Authentication Codes then? I have been asked by someone who would be best to switch to from BT Connect and I was going to recommend PlusNet but downtime is a factor and MAC is not mentioned anywhere in Help & Support.
N/A

Re: What is my MAC Code?

What is my MAC Code?

That's the thing that UK ISPs hold you over a barrel with and make you do or pay anything they fancy.

And it changes the next time you need it too. I think it would be called 'extortion' in other industires.
N/A

What is my MAC Code?

and am I right in thinking people on LLU's can't have MAC codes?
Community Veteran

What is my MAC Code?

to a certain extent yes!

BTw and companies using LLU including Tiscali are trialling an LLU MAC system allowing you to transfer from LLU back to BTw and from LLU to LLU however theres only a few ISPs who are currently accepting these Mac Codes right now and as its still being trialled a lot can go wrong!
purplebus
Grafter

What is my MAC Code?

How do we know whether we are on LLU or not ?

I've been a PlusNet user for some time now and have no plans to move - but I'd be very concerned if I did not have the freedom to move because I was on LLU and could not get a MAC code.

Can someone from PlusNet please comment.
Community Veteran

What is my MAC Code?

you will have been emailed and informed if you were getting put on LLU if you don't want to be put on LLU you can opt out at http://trials.plus.net
purplebus
Grafter

What is my MAC Code?

Many thanks for your prompt reply - I've actioned my opt-out via your link..