cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on today?

N/A

What is going on today?

This has now been resolved, please see Service Status for further details.

Rob are you absolutely positive that it's been resolved?

This morning it was the +net site that was slow, almost static! It seems ok ish now. I did notice that on the log in page there was a script error showing on the bottom left tool bar of my browser.
    I'm using the DNS numbers that you quote.

You haven't broken it again have you? :shock:
15 REPLIES
alliejc
Grafter

What is going on today?

Has plusnet got a problem at the moment? I can connect but once I'm on, the only thing that will load with any reliablility is the Plusnet Portal. I can't access any other website - they either won't load at all or get part way through loading and just stop. I then tried the local rate number and the same thing is happening with that. I've raised a ticket but in the meantime I'm stuck with no internet except for the portal.

Very disappointed,

Allie
N/A

What is going on today?

It seems as both the 0800 and 0845 dial-ups are having probs. I just spoke to the call centre and they confirmed this. Why no service status update?
N/A

What is going on today?

Same here,one minute I can connect,next not.............
Some sites slow.
Rejecting user name&password then next min ok
Community Veteran

What is going on today?

There is nothing in service status to suggest a problem at the moment. I'm not connected through PlusNet atm myself so I dont know, although the portal is particually slow at the moment (im going through BT where I am at the moment).

Do some traceroutes to www.bbc.co.uk and www.yahoo.com and add these to your ticket to help them further.

Also a full restart of your equipment might help. Unplug your modem / router from the power, network / PC connections and ADSL line, leave off for a few mins and do them same with your PC. restart the equipment, reconnect cables and retry. Tell PlusNet once you have done this also (assuming it doesnt fix your problem).

Chris
Community Veteran

What is going on today?

Looks like it's a core router problem, I just done a trace to your IP from here and got packetloss but it was fine in routing to my ADSL router on 212.159.80.41
N/A

What is going on today?

Just been on to tech support and they said there is a problem at the moment.
They also say they cannot give a time when it will be sorted.
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What is going on today?

Hi there,

It seems that I am not the only one having that problem, then. Sad I want to know as well what's going on, obviously I suppose we'll have the contention ratio speech, which is not good enough as if it was the case, we would have the same problem more often, and in general it has been pretty good so far, though in peak time, I need to reconnect 2 or 3 times in the first 10 mins, very small bother for what is usually good service for money.
N/A

What is going on today?

Hi all,

We are currently investigating a connectivity problem, this was initially thought to not be affecting customers directly. Service Status will be updated shortly.

Just out of interest could those having problems state which DNS servers they're using? If you use 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 then you should not be affected apart from connecting to certain Plusnet sites.
N/A

What is going on today?

Just reported similar problems, told there was no general issue that they are aware of at the moment - See 7173052.

Asked to provide traceroute - See ticket 7173264

Not being an expert... but it looks like an issue at telehouse?

Primary DNS Server= 212.159.11.150
Secondary DNS Server= 212.159.13.150
Community Veteran

What is going on today?

As Rob said,
If you use these IPs for your DNS 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 you will get a better connection. The problems they are having are in Internet House Sheffield, rather than Telehouse in London.

I'm going on my lunch now, its only 10 mins walk from Internet house, I'd offer to give them a hand but its such a lovely day.

Chris
N/A

What is going on today?

This has now been resolved, please see Service Status for further details.
N/A

What is going on today?

100% sure! Smiley

We were rolling out some changes to the site early this morning so you could possibly have noticed a slowdown during that time. The error when logging into the portal is being looked into by the Development team although it shouldn't actually prevent you from logging in. If you're still experiencing slow speed problems please provide as much detail as you can via Contact Us and we'll investigate further.
N/A

What is going on today?

100% sure! Smiley

We were rolling out some changes to the site early this morning so you could possibly have noticed a slowdown during that time. The error when logging into the portal is being looked into by the Development team although it shouldn't actually prevent you from logging in. If you're still experiencing slow speed problems please provide as much detail as you can via <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> and we'll investigate further.

Then if you are 100% sure that's ok with me. My speeds are fine now thanks.

So the script error on the login page had nothing to do with the problems affecting the speeds? Just for the record it's still there and I do get in once I allow it to redirect me to a non-secure site. Only a minor observation, doesn't bother me really.

John

Cheesy
N/A

What is going on today?

100% sure! Smiley

The error when logging into the portal is being looked into by the Development team although it shouldn't actually prevent you from logging in. If

Have the Development team had time to look for the script error on the login page yet Rob?

I had a quick sneaky look at the html on that page. I noticed that the author had typed in
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript. I always thought that it should be typed as <SCRIPT language="JavaScript". I'm probably wrong though and there is a more complicated problem affecting this page and not just the missing speech marks.

John