Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on PlusNet?!?!

nicecuppa
Grafter

Hi everyone

Like just about everyone else on this forum, I too have experienced a major slowdown. Contacting PN about it, basically results in them telling you to find out what the problem is yourself. The BT speed checker reported my speed as 1148K, which PN said was within BT's acceptable limits. Other online tests have rated the speed between 200k to 400k. Basically PN hide behind that and the contention ratio. I understand that there are peak times and there maybe a slow down at these times and other issues which can effect performance. I asked if there was any download restrictions on my account, but received no answer. I never download more than 10GB a month, so thats not too bad is it?

To experience such a dramatic slowdown in speed is puzzling and very annoying!! We are all, obviously not getting the service that we are paying for at the moment. PN will not even come out and say that......yes there is a problem causing the slowdown....we are tinkering with the system and messing the speeds up.....there are more limits for heavy downloaders etc....
Well, what are we supposed to think? A bit of info and honesty would be nice, instead of hiding behind BT's acceptable limits and contention ratios. Surely with so many people experiencing this problem, they must realise something is up or what are they not telling us?

If the problem dosen't improve in the next few weeks, I'll be off to another ISP. I know it'll cost me, but we're clearly not getting what we are paying for here! I have certainly learnt a lot from this experience. Glad I got that off my chest. Sorry for waffling and thanks for reading.

Dave
3 REPLIES
N/A

Why wait a few weeks, plusnet are an unhonest bunch and I shall be actioning my departure from plusnet on monday.
N/A

welcome to plusnet, poor download speeds, crappy gaming pings, no p2p etc.

Its actaully making me laugh at how rubbish plusnet have become, its like a nose dive into crap land.
N/A

welcome to plusnet, poor download speeds, crappy gaming pings, no p2p etc.

Its actaully making me laugh at how rubbish plusnet have become, its like a nose dive into crap land.

No - its WORSE than a nose dive into crap land.