cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a reasonable time to wait for a Queue Jump

N/A

:?: Back on April 25th I had ticket 19239741 acknowledged that I had requested a queue jump. I appreciate that the Bulk Re-grade tool went down on the 18th May and was out of action until the 6th June, but how long is reasonable to expect to wait?
22 REPLIES
N/A

For a queue jump, its still perfectly reasonable to assume that you *could* be the last person in the country to receive an upgrade to Max.
All the queue jump does, is put you in a reserve pool at BTw's end - if they get spare capacity, they'll pull the most efficient people from that pool (ie same exchange they are working on at the time etc)
Its unlikely that you WILL be that last, but its not impossible. Wink

(Unlikely because PN are expecting to have all manual upgrades done before Sept/Oct time)

All you can do I'm afraid, is sit and wait.
aetos
Grafter

AS quoteds by PN

as long a piece of string

Work that out

MArk
N/A

It's been so long since we've been given a proper update on the progress of upgrades I've totally forgotten about Max.

In fact, with the highly restrictive limits in place, I think I'm better off on 2Mb, because with 'up to 8Mb', it'll be way too easy to hit those boundaries.
N/A

SallyandJames please don't take too much offence (well maybe a little) but your platitudes on this subject are increasingly annoying.

DAY 55 since 1st day, 1st afternoon Queue Jump application

This is not in any sense of the word reasonable.... neither are the responses from CS on the subject - if they bother to read the question.

Ive advised PN - they've got another 2 1/2 weeks....ifthey don't chase that up then, then its jump time migrate and get it from the start elsewhere.
mrchalk
Grafter

SallyandJames please don't take too much offence (well maybe a little) but your platitudes on this subject are increasingly annoying.

DAY 55 since 1st day, 1st afternoon Queue Jump application

This is not in any sense of the word reasonable.... neither are the responses from CS on the subject - if they bother to read the question.

Ive advised PN - they've got another 2 1/2 weeks....ifthey don't chase that up then, then its jump time migrate and get it from the start elsewhere.

Good ol' Paddy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
N/A

Cheers Mr C
N/A

I raised a queue jump too and in 15 days I will have done 12 months.
Plus Net are absolute link:censored - why did they introduce the queue jump system for us to use?

We are treated like lepers.

I hate aol, but my girlfriend gets a fine service bypassing their browser, and I have had it I AM going to them. It tends to be faster for streaming and p2p than plusnet and it is CONSTANTLY reliable. It is also cheaper, but that is incidental. I am sick of it - I KNOW it will be OCtober (or maybe novemeber or december) when i am regraded.

Thos people on instantly or on for 2 months get regraded first and why should pay as you go customers get regraded before premier customers? It is disgraceful. Roll on that day of migration! I'd rather 1meg unlimited with aol than this service of intolerably bad smtp email and crap traffic shaping. 10Gb peak time on 8meg is incredibly bad! AOL do unlimitted 8 meg for £29.99 - Im not saying they are any good but they do not shape and it does require knowledge to do it but i have it so i have HAD it - plus net can take a running jump - i ma migrating the day i CAN for free - bring it on!

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please do not swear or use swear words on the forum. The forums are family based boards and viewed by younger members. Thank you.]
N/A

I can only apologise for that - I got a bit overheated admittedly and spelling was at time utterly appalling.

However, you can MODERATE - what about answering the comments that we are placing?

Are PlusNet incapable, or just dancing around the issues? I believe the latter is the case and roll on migration date!
N/A

People might not like the replies about the queue jump system, however they ARE correct.

Queue jump doesn't mean that "you are now at the front, you are next", it simply means that when other ISPs dont use their full capacity of upgrades, queue jumpers will be upgraded in the empty spaces.

Once the information is sent to BT then, it is purely in the hands of BT as to what order they actually process people in. All plusnet do is pass on a handfull of account details to be processed.

PAYG customer accounts were regarded as up to 8Mb accounts and therefore are ahead of premier accounts that were classed as up to 2Mb. It is also the case that they are the users that use what they pay for rather than the other accounts that pay a lump sum and use as much as they like.
N/A

pn offered the queu jump because of people on the forums bitching, regrading to max is still beyond plusnet's control, some people will moan about anything.

There are people on other ISPs such as nildram and zen who are demanding regrades back to the previous 2Mb product and leaving if they do not get it (which they are not) and you are desperate for Max?

You will be better off being done later, gives you a better chance of all these problems being ironed out.

I'm not normally a vindictive person but these kind of posts really make me hope that you get upgraded soon and that max is as bad for you as it has been for others, I will happily remind you of these posts if that happens.

Why not calm down a bit and look at the situation realistically, plusnet cannot make BT upgrade you, a queue jump will have put you ahead of people who have not queue jumped but there are still nearly 200 000 people to upgrade at BT's own pace in andamongsty the other millions of ADSL customers.
FooAtari
Grafter

Some people will not or can not see sense Richard.

the grass is always greener and all that, until you get there...

Another thing I find quite annoying is why everyone feels the need to start their own thread about something that has been posted many times already (im not pointing the finger at anyone in particular) but why not just add to an existing discussion on the same subject?

How many MAXDsl problem threads do we need? Just add your problems to an exisiting one!
N/A

Now then mr footari...

When you've had 512k for two years - argued till the cows come home with PN and BT that it should always have been a min of 1mb - got nowhere missed the free upgrade to upto 2mb - caved in and paid £15 to regrade to what you always had and applied to Queue Jump within hours of it being available and not had your upgrade nearly 2 months later. YES the grass is greener - why wouldn't I want a reasonable broadband speed of 2 - 3 times current.

In the meantime I've discovered the forums and just how "good" cough PN CS is... with the exceptions of those most honourable and knowledged gurus that appear miraculously from time to time.. Hats off to Mand et al...

Day 56 in the Non Max house and time for the housemates to do sum shoppin.
N/A

so you managed to deduce form these forums that plusnets CSC is bad but not that many many people are having problems with MAX?

Most people are not seeing a 2-3 times speed increase, i hope when you do get max your not dissapointed and if you are then please remember this thread before coming on here and moaning about it!
N/A

I could take offence from your tone, however, I can read and I can see the problems that are exhibited.... however .... most of the postings here tend to be on the negative side of things. I am sure that the bulk of max works reasonably in the same way that Plusnets overall service is better than the impression imparted in the forums.

If i get my upgrade (before hell freezes over) and I have problems I would not have a leg to stand on if I moan about it... Despite the tone of your response Im not as stupid as I look! (I hope)

Cheers