cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a deferred fee?

N/A

What is a deferred fee?

Was wondering if anyone knows whats this deferred fee all about? i recenlty asked to move away from PlusNet to another ISP, requested my MAC code and waiting for that come through. But got a response from PlusNet asking me to pay up deferred fee of £67. i have been with plusnet for over a year and it was the first broadband ISP i signed up with. From what i remember should i not be paying £47 or less as i have been with them for over a year? Looks like plusNet have made a mistake.
7 REPLIES
N/A

What is a deferred fee?

Did you take the router as well as the defered activation?
N/A

What is a deferred fee?

yeah i did get the adsl modem. but i can send that back if they want it!
Community Veteran

What is a deferred fee?

The Deffered fee is for things like modems, new line activations, house moves etc, PN bare the cost of the fee for this and pay 20% of it ever year until its paid (5years) if you leave PN in less than 5 years then you have to pay whatever is left of the charge
N/A

Don't bother trying to quibble about it...

The customer support people I have been dealing with have been, not to put too fine a point on it, less than helpful (muppets?).

When I signed up with Plus.net I contacted them by phone and explained my situation (having no MAC code from my prev ISP - couldn't seem to get a response from them at all) and they told me I could sign up and would have NO FEES unless I left WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR. Over a year later I have come to move and now find out they blatantly lied to me.

All I get from 'Customer Services' is that it was my own fault for not reading all the small print and the T&C... but my argument was that I talked it through with them and they assured me of one thing whilst the truth was something else.

So far I've managed to pursuade 4 friends not to go with them, and they'll no doubt spread the word about how bad they are to people they know too. Result.
Fixes: 115

What is a deferred fee?

One thing I learnt is to always get the person I talked with to confirm by email or, better still, snail mail what was agreed. Then there can be no discrepencies at a lter stage.

I know that is not any help now but for the future...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

What is a deferred fee?

yeah, but its funny how no one mentions that there will be this fee or that fee if you ever decide to leave their service. this does not only apply to plusnet but all the companies, they should informe their customers.
Community Veteran

What is a deferred fee?

Or to put it another way - a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on Smiley