cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to USENET?

hneil
Grafter

The last messages I can see on any of the newsgroups I subscribe to were timed at about 2am today. There is nothing since.

I have checked the USENET facility within this portal and have the same result. Yet the service status shows green for USENET.

Anyone any ideas, please?
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The service status will be updated shortly. However Usenet currently appears to be broken. Sad

Networks are currently investigating this as a P1.
hneil
Grafter

Thank you for the reply. At least I know it isn't me.

I am only surprised that it had not been reported before.
N/A

Hi there,

The service status will be updated shortly. However Usenet currently appears to be broken. Sad

Any chance of an update?
N/A

Hi there,

Mand, what is a P1, does it actually mean anything? The usenet problem, IME at any rate, has existed since this morning and there have only been two service status posts. The first inaccurate and the second void of any useful information.
N/A

Mand, what is a P1

Stands for a 'Priority 1 Problem'
hneil
Grafter

I have just received the following announcement by way of the PlusNet Status Mailing List:-

Our Usenet service is still operating with only one of the four original readers in service. Whilst this has resolved most of the problems being reported we are not comfortable that it provides a satisfactory long term solution.

We are discussing a number of possibilities to make way for a more stable service and will provide further details as they are made available.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob, if you can read this, would you please note that your Usenet service is still not propagating messages in many newsgroups, including PlusNet's own newsgroups. Out of 21 newsgroups that I am subscribed to, I can only receive posts in four of them. This is by way of both the normal server and the text server (in case it makes a difference). I am having to use Teranews to see plusnet.service.customer-feedback.

--
Howard Neil
N/A

I am also still having problems with news.