cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if im not happy?

N/A

I moved from Cable (NTL) to Plusnet because i wanted the extra speed (1mb - 2mb). I payed over £900 for 1 years service upfront. However, to be honest I am very disappointed with the service. I don't know if it's just ADSL or if it's plusnet but i always seem to be messing about every day trying to get it working before I can start surfing the web. Web pages are very slow to come up, sometimes they don't come up at all (just get page cannot be displayed errors), downloads are not consistant speed and its generally just very poor compared to Cable broadband. Where do I stand as far as getting a refund goes ?
5 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

It all depends on what is wrong, but at the end of the day if we have provided the service you contracted to then a refund won't be possible. If we can find and investigate a fault on your line and prove where any problem lies, then depending on the circumstances, we might be able to help in this regard.

Before you go down this route, I wonder if you would be prepared to give us the opportunity to fix the problem?

Regards,
N/A

One thing that might be important: How do you connect to the internet? Is it a PCI (internal) modem, an external USB modem, or through an ethernet router?

Also, when you say that you have to mess about every day, is this when you first turn your PC on?
N/A

Its a router. One supplied by plusnet. Basically I have to reset the router and usually restart my pc as well. 9/10 it starts working then. Doesn't really make any difference whether the PC has just been booted up or whether it's been on a while. Just happens.

Ian - fair comment. I have logged a call.
Ianwild
Grafter

Have you updated the Routers firmware to the latest version?

If it's the Solwise SAR110, that would be version from 220903 and is available here.

Regards,
N/A

One thing to note, make sure you read all of the information that the router's manual has on upgrading the firmware. It's important that you understand exactly what to do before you start.