cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened with BB+ last Thursday (15 Dec)?

mikealexander
Grafter

I've noticed that since last Thursday (15 December) total bandwidth consumed by Broadband Plus users has halved:

The above graph (a snapshot from the Bandwidth Usage page, taken this morning) clearly shows a significant drop since last week. The other graphs on the Bandwidth Usage page (for other account types) show a consistent usage pattern. (The previous Wednesday wasn't just a unique high peak; when I looked earlier this week, the usage up to and including Wednesday was at the same, higher level.)

This ties in with a general perception that my own BB+ connection now suffers from regular significant slowdowns with just general web surfing and http downloads (primarily podcasts). This cannot be a coincidence!

So, what happened last Thursday that has had such a dramatic effect on usage by BB+ customers? (I apologise if I've missed some announcement on some underlying change to the BB+ platform.)
2 REPLIES
N/A

They moved a bunch of heavy users on to Static IPs to monitor their usage and as such they disappeared off the BB+ usage stats. They haven't stole any bandwidth off the plus users as far as I know.
mikealexander
Grafter

Sorry, just found an existing thread on this subject: BB Plus usage Graph.

It was on the second page of thread topics so I missed it initially.