cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to upfront about traffic priorities?

itchyfeet
Grafter

Dear Plus.net,

This page which explains traffic priorities implies that downloading from download sites and servers is the same for all the packages:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml

However, if you dig a bit deeper you find this page:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml

There clearly isn't the same priority given across all the packages.

For those of us that might switch from the old packages, would it be possible to produce tables (like the ones above) comparing the old and new products?

(I'm a bit disappointed that the second page is hidden - I only found it as part of the signing up process).
7 REPLIES
itchyfeet
Grafter

Community Veteran

Surely there is typo in the table showing the traffic types as on BBYW-1 it shows Gaming is classed as Gold, surely this should be Titanium!

SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Ianwild
Grafter

Surely there is typo in the table showing the traffic types as on BBYW-1 it shows Gaming is classed as Gold, surely this should be Titanium!

SW

Nope - Option 1 is not designed for gaming, as laid out on the product page. Initially we planned to block all gaming traffic on Option 1, but for a couple of reasons (Related to possible misidentification of non gaming traffic) we didn't want to do that, so it's a little bit of a compromise which works in the customers favour.

Ian
Community Veteran

Hi all.

Would you mind keeping all queries in relation to BBYW in this thread.

This will ensure that we avoid duplication and dont miss any of your important queries.

Your assistance and co-operation will be greatly appreciated.
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: What happened to upfront about traffic priorities?

Dear Plus.net,

There clearly isn't the same priority given across all the packages.

For those of us that might switch from the old packages, would it be possible to produce tables (like the ones above) comparing the old and new products?

(I'm a bit disappointed that the second page is hidden - I only found it as part of the signing up process).

The speed page is certainly not hidden on purpose - It's supposed to be easy to find for anyone who needs it, and it is linked from the Traffic Prioritisation page. I'd like to get that made clearer, and we will look to iron out any confusion that arises as a result of the two different pages - Prioritisation and expected speeds operate together, and it should be clear enough once we have the explanations spot on (Which based on your feedback we haven't quite got right yet!).

I also have an additional page with the same data in terms of speeds for Plus, Premier and PAYG (James posted the numbers before here ) high on my schedule, although I can't commit that we will get that live today given everything else going on!

Ian
itchyfeet
Grafter

Thanks Ian.

Despite my criticisms, I think it is clear that Plus.net are trying to be open about traffic management and should be congratulated for it.

Perhaps its time to ditch the gold, siver, bronze classification and just give raw maximum expected speed type data?
Community Veteran

Hi all.

Would you mind keeping all queries in relation to BBYW in this thread.

This will ensure that we avoid duplication and dont miss any of your important queries.

Your assistance and co-operation will be greatly appreciated.

Please use the link to the BBYW thread posted by Mark above for all further questions.

This post is being locked to avoid multiple threads.