cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does my Connect Account really give me?

Routefinder
Grafter

What does my Connect Account really give me?

I had an e-mail this evening about the changes to the Connect accounts to reduce the unavailable tone incidents.

This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.

So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.

Will someone please explain this "error" of information.

If the changes to the access numbers means my connection etc will improve I am in favour of that but what about the hours issue I mention above.

Many thanks in anticipation of a meaningfull answer?
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: What does my Connect Account really give me?

I do enjoy my +net experience, but there are little niggles like the £.50p they owe me and the unavailable connections on my 'phone line. If you want to see what other adsl providers are doing, please vist, and vote at this site..

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

> I had an e-mail this evening about the changes to the Connect accounts to reduce the unavailable tone incidents.
>
> This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
> 1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
> 2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.
>
> So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.
>
> Will someone please explain this "error" of information.
>
> If the changes to the access numbers means my connection etc will improve I am in favour of that but what about the hours issue I mention above.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation of a meaningfull answer?

Community Veteran

> I do enjoy my +net experience, but there are little niggles like the £.50p they owe me and the unavailable connections on my 'phone line. If you want to see what other adsl providers are doing, please vist, and vote at this site..
>
> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
>
> > I had an e-mail this evening about the changes to the Connect accounts to reduce the unavailable tone incidents.
> >
> > This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
> > 1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
> > 2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.
> >
> > So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.
> >
> > Will someone please explain this "error" of information.
> >
> > If the changes to the access numbers means my connection etc will improve I am in favour of that but what about the hours issue I mention above.
> >
> > Many thanks in anticipation of a meaningfull answer?
>
>
I copied the text below from the information on the connect packages page. it should answer your questions

Connect Standard
If you use the Internet for e-mail, Web surfing and perhaps run your own interactive Web site, you'll find Connect Standard to be the ideal account for you. Offering all the usual added-value features you have come to expect from PlusNet, such as your very own .co.uk domain, Connect Standard offers fantastic value-for-money. At only £14.99 a month inc VAT, Connect Standard gives you a contention ratio of 10:1 meaning that you would expect to be able to connect to the Internet, at a fixed-cost price, for up to 40 hours a week. [more]

John Essex
Routefinder
Grafter

> > I do enjoy my +net experience, but there are little niggles like the £.50p they owe me and the unavailable connections on my 'phone line. If you want to see what other adsl providers are doing, please vist, and vote at this site..
> >
> > http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
> >
> > > I had an e-mail this evening about the changes to the Connect accounts to reduce the unavailable tone incidents.
> > >
> > > This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
> > > 1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
> > > 2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.
> > >
> > > So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.
> > >
> > > Will someone please explain this "error" of information.
> > >
> > > If the changes to the access numbers means my connection etc will improve I am in favour of that but what about the hours issue I mention above.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in anticipation of a meaningfull answer?
> >
> >
> I copied the text below from the information on the connect packages page. it should answer your questions
>
> Connect Standard
> If you use the Internet for e-mail, Web surfing and perhaps run your own interactive Web site, you'll find Connect Standard to be the ideal account for you. Offering all the usual added-value features you have come to expect from PlusNet, such as your very own .co.uk domain, Connect Standard offers fantastic value-for-money. At only £14.99 a month inc VAT, Connect Standard gives you a contention ratio of 10:1 meaning that you would expect to be able to connect to the Internet, at a fixed-cost price, for up to 40 hours a week. [more]
>
> John Essex
>

Hi John

Yes, that is precisely my understanding.

But as I said the FAQs page says it is 20 hours.

So what are +net doing, any feedback from support on this please?
N/A

I hope that Connect Lite Users aren't going to be crowded off !
N/A

Hi Laurence,

The Connect Lite User account have 10 hours guaranteed, however we understand that you may need to go over this from time to time. For this reason this account type can be used for up to a maximum of 20 hours a week. Please do not forget that you have access to the superb value 'Night Time' hours (42 hours completely free in which you can schedule downloads of large files etc).

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Routefinder
Grafter

> Hi Laurence,
>
> The Connect Lite User account have 10 hours guaranteed, however we understand that you may need to go over this from time to time. For this reason this account type can be used for up to a maximum of 20 hours a week. Please do not forget that you have access to the superb value 'Night Time' hours (42 hours completely free in which you can schedule downloads of large files etc).
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> | David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Hi Dave

I think you misread my question - I am not a Lite user!!!!

I have copied my original post below.
"This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.

So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.

Will someone please explain this "error" of information."

Perhaps there is difference between "guaranteed hours" and "hours offered for the account i.e. 40 hours"

Please answer the question I asked not the one you think I have asked - I am Connect Standard (was Connect 10) customer.

Many thanks for your early reply.

Laurence

PS Ignoring the new Night Hours what are the hours I am contracted for?

Routefinder
Grafter

> > Hi Laurence,
> >
> > The Connect Lite User account have 10 hours guaranteed, however we understand that you may need to go over this from time to time. For this reason this account type can be used for up to a maximum of 20 hours a week. Please do not forget that you have access to the superb value 'Night Time' hours (42 hours completely free in which you can schedule downloads of large files etc).
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > --
> > | David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>
>
> Hi Dave
>
> I think you misread my question - I am not a Lite user!!!!
>
> I have copied my original post below.
> "This prompted me to remind myself of my account details.
> 1) I originally bought the Connect 10 this is now Connect Standard. I picked this for the 10:1 contention ratio and the 40 hours per week it gave. That is I decided on an account that was greater than my need.
> 2) My account details say my allowance is 40 hours per week but the FAQs page link from the e-mail gives the hours for Connect Standard as 20 hours.
>
> So what is right and what has happened/is happening to the availability of what I contracted for.
>
> Will someone please explain this "error" of information."
>
> Perhaps there is difference between "guaranteed hours" and "hours offered for the account i.e. 40 hours"
>
> Please answer the question I asked not the one you think I have asked - I am Connect Standard (was Connect 10) customer.
>
> Many thanks for your early reply.
>
> Laurence
>
> PS Ignoring the new Night Hours what are the hours I am contracted for?
>
>
PPS
I can find no reference to "guaranteed hours" other than on the FAQs page link that came with the recent e-mail notification about the numbers changes. In each Account the hours listed are are half the number (heavy user is the odd man out 40 hours compared to 70 on offer).

I have copied your sales page about the reelevent accounts.

Connect Lite User
The ideal way to connect to the Internet if you simply need a low-cost way to surf the Web and check your e-mail. Choose unmetered Connect Lite and you can kiss goodbye to Internet phone charges. For only £8.99 a month inc VAT you can connect at whatever time of day you like! Connect Lite User gives you a contention ratio of 20:1 meaning that you would expect to be able to connect to the Internet, for a fixed cost price, for up to 20 hours a week. Comes with all the usual added-value features you have come to expect from PlusNet, including your very own .co.uk domain. [more]

Connect Standard
If you use the Internet for e-mail, Web surfing and perhaps run your own interactive Web site, you'll find Connect Standard to be the ideal account for you. Offering all the usual added-value features you have come to expect from PlusNet, such as your very own .co.uk domain, Connect Standard offers fantastic value-for-money. At only £14.99 a month inc VAT, Connect Standard gives you a contention ratio of 10:1 meaning that you would expect to be able to connect to the Internet, at a fixed-cost price, for up to 40 hours a week. [more]

Connect Heavy User
This is the account for the real Internet enthusiast. Whether you're an avid gamer, into music, video or Internet Relay Chat, you'll find that our Heavy User option gives you all the performance you need. Plus, for the amazingly low cost subscription of only £29.99 a month inc VAT you get all the usual added-value features you expect from PlusNet, such as a included .co.uk domain name of your very own! Connect Heavy User gives you a contention ratio of 5:1 meaning that you would expect to be able to connect to the Internet, at a fixed-cost price, for up to 70 hours a week. [more

I very much look forward to the explanation and details of any small print etc.
Routefinder
Grafter

RE: What does my Connect Account really give me? Anyone in S

I would very much welcome a definitve answer soon?

Many thanks
N/A

RE: What does my Connect Account really give me? Anyone in S

We expect the normal usage of a connect standard is around 20 hours, but we have a fair usage limit of double this ie, you can connect at a maximum of 40 hours per week.

I hope this answers tour question.

--
Regards, Sam

--
| Sam Simpson.............. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support Agent.............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +