cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do plus net and gravity have in common?(joke)

N/A

What goes SUP must come down

they are gonna hate me for that
Just a wee joke
couldn't resist sorry
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I hate to say it but you do realise that all jokes have to have [JOKE] in the title now ;-)
N/A

it not a jk it the truth lol
Community Veteran

I have to say it's not to bad :lol:
N/A

There is a massive amount of naivety around at the moment with Plus Net getting blamed for everything including Aunt Annies cat gettting stuck up the tree.

The lack of customer confidence is entirely Plus Nets own doing, by demonstrating since November last year an alarming inability to communicate effectively with its customers in an honest, clear and coherent manner.

Coupled with the amount of major changes to the products they sell and the manner in which the products are delivered.

But not every slow down in P2P or BT apps is down to PN. The very apps themselves will cause more issues than PN ever will. Couple this with the current problems introduced following BT's mass upgrade program and we can see that there are many issues out there which have nothing to do with PN's traffic management.

Traffic management, implemented and communicated correctly makes perfect commercial sense and as time moves on and customer numbers increase, it is the only way to go. I cannot see how any ISP, using BT's IPStream product will be able to survive without implementing some sort of traffic shaping or management.

As Dave T stated earlier this week, even the much favoured by some, LLU providers are managing and shaping traffic across their networks.

Its a fact of life right now with ADSL provision and somthing we punters are going to have to get used to whether we like it or not.

Hopefully the other providers will have a more coherent policy for implementing shaping, because they can only learn from the many mistakes Plus Net have made in the last number of months.

What could and should have been communicated in a clear and concise manner has been implemented in a hap hazard and ill conceived way causing distrust and lack of understanding. Couple that with some of the other outstanding isues and to me it is clear that Plus Net have many bridges to mend and much customer confidence to regain.

One of the saddest things for me has been to see the number of long standing members and contributors to these boards ask for mac's.

We are told that there has not been any particular increase in the number of mac requests, yet the fact that the proceedures for dealing with such requests has been slightly altered and quickened speaks volumes.

Whilst I dont agree that Plus net are a joke, I am aware that they have problems surrounding the marketing of their products and customer communication. My confidence has been severely dented of late, not enough for me to request a mac, but that may not be too far off.
rammie1976
Grafter

There is a massive amount of naivety around at the moment with Plus Net getting blamed for everything including Aunt Annies cat gettting stuck up the tree.

The lack of customer confidence is entirely Plus Nets own doing, by demonstrating since November last year an alarming inability to communicate effectively with its customers in an honest, clear and coherent manner......

........What could and should have been communicated in a clear and concise manner has been implemented in a hap hazard and ill conceived way causing distrust and lack of understanding. Couple that with some of the other outstanding isues and to me it is clear that Plus Net have many bridges to mend and much customer confidence to regain.

Got to agree with what you say there!

When I was with Pi..x "everyone" said their CS was poor, but service good. When I compared them with +net lots were saying their service was as good as Pi..x AND the CS was loads better. Seems to me they've well and truely messed it up.

ps have you seen my other blue sock? I had it when I joined +net! :x Wink
N/A

its not their CS that is wrong, its the management - they are like rotten apples

CS do a stirling job, how any one can defend the shit that comes out from the management, in a professional manner is truly outstanding and deserves a medal like bbrown's.

time for a management buy out and sack the guys who obviously do not use the internet but jags instead

Motto:

DEFEND THE UNDEFENCABLE!
N/A

CS do a stirling job, how any one can defend the [censored] that comes out from the management, in a professional manner is truly outstanding and deserves a medal like bbrown's.

Entirely agree. Without the Comms team I would have been gone ages ago.

They have my respect. Their jobs cant be easy at times.
rammie1976
Grafter

its not their CS that is wrong, its the management - they are like rotten apples...

The CS starts at the top, trickle down - but it does seem some people on this forum havn't had the same experience as others when it comes to CS.
Community Veteran

its not their CS that is wrong, its the management - they are like rotten apples

time for a management buy out and sack the guys who obviously do not use the internet but jags instead

That's a bit of a contradiction there;-)

Mark, I agree totaly with you post but I think the OP meant the thread as a joke about plusnet not that plusnet are a joke ;-)
N/A

what is the worst of it is they puposly left it till the last day to say about there forced contended service and caps so that ppl would either not know about it in time or couldnt get mac codes in quick enough....

that is such a poor customer relation exercise if they planened this from the beginning then the t&c and fup should of been issued at the same time so pl could make a fair desicion based on facts..

ppl moaned about all ppl crying wolf about t&c nd cs saying it dont really effect us (whati was told) obviously the wolf got loose and someone else was telling the porkies and it wassnt the customers.
N/A

Mark, I agree totaly with you post but I think the OP meant the thread as a joke about plusnet not that plusnet are a joke ;-)

Daniel

CS do not run the company, that is what management do. - so no contradiction.

CS do what they are told by management

CS are spot on

CS maybe do not agree with all of the above, but if they voice it they wouldn't be CS they would be looking for another job

CS probably do use the internet, i have seen DT on the net at 2ish in the morning, although why he works from home without being paid, i do not know.

On thing that does show is DT is a committed person to his job :-)
N/A

I agree cs does it best, there a few top one liam/brown and some good customers with valid views les misery ( sorry could not resist I retract that lol) les miserables/pcsni/soundsystem and others, it is the so management who just doodle and think a doodle looks good lets impose it.
We suffer cs suffer cos we retaliate, and managment say oh look we lost a few, but who cares
Community Veteran

Daniel

CS do not run the company, that is what management do. - so no contradiction.

CS do what they are told by management

CS are spot on

CS maybe do not agree with all of the above, but if they voice it they wouldn't be CS they would be looking for another job

CS probably do use the internet, i have seen DT on the net at 2ish in the morning, although why he works from home without being paid, i do not know.

On thing that does show is DT is a committed person to his job :-)

I agree with all of the above, but read the quotes carefully, you want management to buy out plusnet. However you also say management are rotten apples?

@normski I didn't know my name was les miserable! mind you better than being called Oliver constantly! Les mis is a great musical but thats off topic.
Community Veteran

pcsni, your post number5, here, is very well worded and sums up a lot of my feelings! Good post! Wink