cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do after line is regraded?

N/A

Hi,
BT have informed me that my line has been regraded and can now support a 2meg connection. I am on an up to 2meg premier account but at the moment only getting a 1meg connection.
Does BT automatically increase the connection or does Plusnet have to tell them to do it?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Ring the PlusNet support number (bottom of page), say you have had the free BT speed upgrade and ask for the speed limit to be removed from your account.

Then disconnect/reconnect your router and you should be running @ 2Mbs.

BT do normally inform the ISP when the speed upgrade has occured but it can take a day or so before it happens.
N/A

Is that BT or Plusnet support number?
N/A

plusnet

0845 1400200 do it now its prob quiet
N/A

Oh!..and thanks very much for putting me in touch with MrSaffron at adslguide...he got things moving when nobody else seemed able to..top bloke.
N/A

It seems that I have missed the automatic regrades by BT.

Although BT have informed me that my line has been regraded to accept a 2meg connection the guy at ADSLGUIDES (Mr Saffron) has suggested that as I have missed the automatic regrades the only way to get the speed increased is to ask Plusnet to manually upgrade my connection.

I have raised a ticket and got nowhere..the support guys don't seem to have know what I mean..although I assure you I have explained it all in very easy to understand terms. In fact if I can understand it being a non techie person then surely the support guys at Plusnet can understand it.

Any thoughts on how to proceed with this? It is becoming a real hassle now and Plusnet is really beginning to get me hacked off...I do all the work to make the line regrade possible and Plusnet sit on their arse.