cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the peak times?

N/A

What are the peak times?

I haven't seen anything on any of the recent stickys

There's nothing on the VMU page either, which I thought would have been the obvious place to put that information.

Thanks

Samir
7 REPLIES
N/A

What are the peak times?

At a rough guess I would say maybe 4pm -12am, but according to one guy I spoke to on the support team, 3am may be peak as well. :shock:
Ben_Brown
Grafter

What are the peak times?

For the purpose of the SUP peak time is 4pm to midnight. This is detailed here.
N/A

What are the peak times?

Is this 7 days a week? There's no mention of weekends and bank holidays on the SUP page. Do I just have to wait till 6pm today to see if any Saturday traffic appears on the "peak" chart?

Thanks again

Samir
N/A

What are the peak times?

according to this sup these restrictions are for uses who download a lot
- 90% of our customers download less than 10GB a month - only customers who persistently download huge amounts of data will face restrictions to their service.

but this sup is vauge as it then refers not to downloads but usage

is upload counted in the limits , as i have seen it stated many times by plusnet that they are not worried about upload ammounts as there is huge bandwidth available
JonathanW
Grafter

What are the peak times?

Hi,

The Peak times cover seven days a week, and there's no differentiation for weekends or other special days.

As for the SUP itself, this covers all transfer, both uploading and downloading, from your connection.
N/A

What are the peak times?

Nice to see how everything's nice and easy to understand

The SUP says that peak times and the bandwidth limits will change as the customer base's usage pattern changes over time

Perhaps the VMU page could be modified to tell us customers what the download/upload/usage limits are for whatever account we're on, and what the peak times are as well

An e-mail sent out to everyone to tell us what the new limits / times are would be nice - give the customers information, rather than make them find it for themselves, after all we are paying to provide a service, it would be nice to be told what that service is whenever it changes.

Samir

edit: Thanks Jon
N/A

What are the peak times?

I would like something to say:

You have XX GB left this month during peak times
or
You have XX GB left this month in general

Also, how far over the SUP do you have to go before you are told off? Is it ok to go 0.5GB over? Obviously thats not the case for me this month, because I have gone WAY over, without really realising it, but next month, going to limit the downloading.