cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances?

N/A

What are the chances?

What do you guys realistically think the chances are of Peak Time being dropped back down to 4PM-12AM in february...or the near future?

Personally, i don't think it'll happen, I don't think PN have really taken any major customer losses since Peak Time was changed to 8AM-12AM, so what would they have to gain by putting Peak Time back to a reasonable time.

BTW...i'm not starting this thread to bash PN or open a door for others to...all i'm interested in are peoples thought on the Peak Time matter, cheers!
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What are the chances?

It has been stated here, on ADSLguide and to PUG by PlusNet reps that PN intend to change the traffic management peak times to match the SUP period when the fully automated system is in place (due by end of feb) and I have heard nothing both in public or in private that contradicts that statement.
jimmcginty
Grafter

What are the chances?

Generally +Net have been trueish to their word, stands back and awaits
barrage of complaints. I think they will change back once the system
is automated, if not then a LOT of peole will be unhappy.

The biggest pain for everybody right now is the 16 hr peak time window
but If you can schedule your downloads to off peak then your fine to
100 Gb or what ever you've paid for. If you can't schedule your
downloads for off peak then do you really need prog XXX so badly ?
If you do then you've got 20 Gb to play with.

The've introduced limits but the days of all you can eat bandwidth
have come to an end, yes I know Zen claim it but at 1.5x the cost
and for how long before they join the merry band ?

In the end if you are unhappy then you'll vote with your feet/MAC.

Jim
shellsong
Grafter

What are the chances?

I still fail to understand why PlusNet felt the need to go OTT and do the "clean usage" management beyond the peak period they had already established with the SUP in the first place-- particularly since they almost immediately started saying they would shortly synchronise it with the original! :? :roll:
Sometimes I think they actually want their customers to get angry with them!
N/A

What are the chances?

If you can't schedule your downloads for off peak then do you really need prog XXX so badly ? If you do then you've got 20 Gb to play with.

Biggest prob for me, PC is in bedroom, have you tried sleeping with a PC going...even with my ultra silent fans, in the dead of night, it's still damn noisy!
shellsong
Grafter

What are the chances?

@phunkeman69

My wife can't stand even a little led glowing in the night whereas our son will happily sleep with all sorts of hardware and fans on and I'm pretty impervious to background noise and little glowing lights as well!
N/A

What are the chances?

I'm ok once i'm asleep, it's just getting to sleep that's the problem, lol

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

What are the chances?

If you can't schedule your downloads for off peak then do you really need prog XXX so badly ? If you do then you've got 20 Gb to play with.

Biggest prob for me, PC is in bedroom, have you tried sleeping with a PC going...even with my ultra silent fans, in the dead of night, it's still damn noisy!

I have to agree with you with that... Fine if PN wanted us to download out of the peak times but running the comps at night with the noise is too much either... So basically, I can't download... Sad
jimmcginty
Grafter

What are the chances?

Luckly I can leave mine running but I understand people's
point of view.

I'd hate to have my PC in the bedroom, it always runs so hot
I need to leave the window open !! Already burnt out one fan.
shellsong
Grafter

What are the chances?

I'd hate to have my PC in the bedroom, it always runs so hot
I need to leave the window open !! Already burnt out one fan.

It supplements the heating on a cold winter's night! Wink :lol:
N/A

What are the chances?

Hi all
could someone answer this question

if PN are going to change the peaks times back to 4pm till midnight at the end of feb why did they bring it in in the first place it seems rather strange to me