cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mistake I have made!

N/A

I am really not happy with plusnet. It is so complex and misleading. I signed up for 2 mg / was told that was fine to find that I only had 1 mg/ then I was told my line would not support it. Why wasnt I told that in the first place.
Every thing about plusnet is confused and confusing not at all what I want.
I just want to be able to connect and get on with it / plusnet make things far to complex that it is too much trouble to use to the full.
I really wish I had stayed with aol.
This is not an enjoyable experience
Even this is muddling to use , can't wait to get rid of plusnet!
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Wish you had stayed with AOL?

ROFLMAO... You know since I joined Plusnet a month ago I have seen quite a bit of Plusnet bashing, some justified, some not. But I havent heard a soul with a good word to say about AOL.

The AOL software sucks more than a sucky thing... You have escaped.. Rejoice!
N/A

i swore no more posts tonite but i have to for this =)..

a agree with the original poster, ive never been with aol but ive spoke with a mate tonite that i recommended to plus.net no more than 2 months back and he moved from aol. he said exactly the same, never had a problem with aol, hated the connection software but never had any problems at all with the connection, now hes got the whole disconnect / slow speed / high ping / throttling problems that plus.net introduced... and all this coming from a software engineer, says something about how poor plus.net really is if ppl are wishing they had stayed with aol.
N/A

You dont have to install the AOL software at all, You can just use there Internet Connection and compared to Plusnet it is 10000000x better

No Caps
No Throttle
No Limits
You can surf using IE
send email using Outlook

Newsgroups suck but there are others...

But aol really beats plusnet no question at all !!!!!!

Customer support between Plusnet and Aol are no difference what so ever, both have no idea but hey if the connections fine why worry Smiley

So Yes it really is official AOL is better than Plusnet !
N/A

Just like to point out there IS a throttle with AOL,they just don't tell you about it!

They have a form of traffic shaping that applies in certain times of the day!
Azagoth
Grafter

You can surf using IE
send email using Outlook

...but why would you want to do that when there's such beautiful things as Firefox and Thunderbird? Smiley
Community Veteran

Can you recieve email without using their dodgy client?
N/A

Joining forces with the DARK SIDE

I migrated from a capped wanadoo connection (1meg). On that connection I was getting about 100KB/s torrent downloads but the nasty letters frightened me to PN. Since moving and upgrading to 2meg I am now getting about 30-40KB/s down off torrents and as this is what I see as being the point of an uncapped connection it has made want to cry. Seriously. I want to cry.
So I will be moving to AOL 1meg. That's right, I'm going to take a Bandwidth cut in order to improve my speeds. My mother has been with them for years and never had any connection troubles. It has finally come to this.... after years of lambasting AOL "lusers" I am soon to become one. Gladly at that.
Discostoo
Grafter

moved here from AOL dial-up for "the ultimate broadband experience", well it's certainly been an experience. I thought the anti-AOL vibes i got from their forums were bad, but phew! PlusNet are the new enemies of the western world! George Bush gonna invade?

My torrent speeds are the same as they were before i moved. Cry
Although i did get 13kbps one day! :lol:

And you're right, you dont have to use the awful AOL software. Use Firefox et al. much better than that naughty IE6 Tongue