cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Rubbish Phone System

bigbry
Dabbler

I have just been trying to get through to someone in regards to moving house as I have some enquiries which aren't strictly generic and involve further discussion. However every time I try to get through to someone I end up with this stupid message saying that all my account changes can be done on line and it just cuts me off. When I first joined Plus the service was excellent. From what I have just experienced it seems to have changed dramatically. I also had to ring BT about a similar issue this afternoon. Now I never ever thought I would say this but they were a lot better than Plus. Its such a shame you have become the company you have and no longer the personal company who provides the service you used to.

Rant over Cry

Moderators Note by James (sallyandjames) : Title changed from all caps as per the link:rules.
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Rant agreed with.
I've been trying to tell them this for some time now but my head is begining to ache with banging it on the brick wall. Sad
Like you I detest this system where you can't speak to a human. No doubt some accountant has conviced them that they can save money with this but in my view it's a false economy to have your customers unhappy and leaving because of it.
rslsys
Grafter

I'm not advocating this as a course of action.
I heard today that one client who had tried to contact Plus by phone for 2 days actually drove to PlusNet towers from Manchester to present his problems in person. Only thing he got wrong was to go to the old address first!
Laugh
Grafter

......a false economy to have your customers unhappy and leaving because of it.

I completely agree but I don't think they care. They have built PlusNet too big without extending the foundations and the whole structure is about to topple. The PN BigWigs are just desperate to flog the lot to BT before it Jengas to the ground. We might then get quicker phone response but it will be to an Indian callcentre, including the appropriate conversation about the goings on in Albert Square :roll:

Hey Ho!

Oh! And the speed of this Portal is atrocious! Sad
Hoseman
Grafter

This is the age of companies not wanting to speak to their customers or doing as much as possible to fob them off. Some companies are more guilty than others. I had a house move recently and I tried to contact CS in order to speak to a human being which was a complete waste of my time and money. Unacceptable really.
bigbry
Dabbler

Thanks for your support, I see I am not the only one with this bad experience. I really don't understand how a group of business people in a room can introduce a phone system like this and think that it will improve their business. Its a very short sighted thing to do, especially to the extremes that Plus have done it.

I notice that Plus care so much about this that they have rushed on to this post and replied with advice on what I can actually do to speak to someone. Its like they have set a challenge to beat the phone system and try and speak to a real human.

link:censored frustrating it really is. :x

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Bypassing Swear filter removed link:rules ]
Community Veteran

As I said in an earlier post about my feelings with the phone system.
"I reckon that the sales person that convinced them to buy into it works for a rival ISP who saw this as a way to make Plusnet loose all its customers"
N/A

its really a shame that you cant speak to a person. i wouldnt mind not speaking to a person if the online system was working! when you raise questions, they never get looked at for least 2 days. I am cursing my self that i recommened this ISP to friends and family.
Liam
Grafter

Good news on this...

Over the last 24 hours we have made changes to our phone system that means most paths through our IVR now route directly into the queues and to an agent, rather than directing you to the Portal.

So far we have noticed no major affect on call wait times or queue levels. Though we do appreciate that these are currently far from ideal, this is something we're really working hard to improve.

This opening up of the system is in direct response to the feedback of you guys on here, and PUG - and now that it is open we'll be looking to further simplify the IVR with a view to making it less restrictive.

The experience certainly is getting better, and as we get on top of more and more of the issues causing us pain at the moment we'll be able to do a lot more focusing on effective delivery.
Community Veteran

CheesyCheesyCheesy:

/me waits for james to appear and reduce the amount of Cheesy 's

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Allow me Link:rules :lol:
N/A

Sounds like a personal attack to me Dan.
Very naughty, gonna tell on you. Tongue
Community Veteran

Well it's nice to find that at last we are being listened to as we once used to be many moons ago.

Hopefully you will make further improvements as time goes on, but please don't leave it too long.

The phone system was I'm sure one your customers real hates and even had my daughter taking her business account elsewhere. Sad
Hopefully I have managed to convince her that things are improving
N/A

I'm pretty pleased about this quote from Ian Wild of PN too.

[...]We are also making a break from tradition and making more and more outbound calls in order to cut down on the ticket tennis which is both frustrating for customers and expensive.[...]

Not related to the phone system really, but another snippet of good news.

I've opened two tickets today, both on accounts not associated with me personally, but which I manage, both queries were resolved rapidly, and beyond my expectation.

We may yet get back to the good old days.

Just the network to sort out then, that'll make it easier for CS to dazzle too!

As my golfing mentor frequently says to me (with a weary sigh) "All progress is good - lets just try to move forwards more than a few feet this time." :lol:
Liam
Grafter

Hopefully you will make further improvements as time goes on, but please don't leave it too long.

The next task is simplifying the system, and improving the customer experience when people call us. It's not going to happen overnight, but we WILL get there.
joncooper
Grafter

further to what Ian Wild wrote (quoted above) I got a call from CS in relation to a problem only appearing on this forum (no ticket raised and IVR phone system abandoned)

the CS guy (wish I could name him) resolved the issue as far as he was able and allayed my fears

if I had to cast a vote re CS now I'd rate them as high as a year ago (or more)