cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What The Heck Is Going On?

N/A

Hi,

"Everywhere" I seem to look there are REAL nasty rumours, stories and information regarding the way Plusnet treats it's valued customers recently.

Not wanting to start a huge debate but I have found very few positive Plusnet users.

In this particular forum I found myself very hard pressed to find any positive feedback and some of the treatment being dished out to customers is downright shocking.

Shame on you!

All across the internet Plusnet are being flamed and it seems that it's time to think about finding an alternative provider as I fail to see how a company can exist for very much longer when customers are leaving in droves!

Although I have had a few issues, namely being charge £40.99 for months when the service was available for £21.99!

Also, I believe "capping" an unlimited service is wrong as well!

Basically I am in a quandry, how can the best ISP now be the worst ISP and it just does not seem to worry them in the slightest?

I cannot help wonder why Plusnet are constantly changing their service and it troubles me deeply why it's always "take" with no give?

I do not want a HUGE debate of slanging I just want some "honest" advice on whats to become of us all?

The general concensus seems to be "leave" and find another provider but who else feels this way?

(I hope I do not get banned for asking these questions!)

Later!

Gary

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Asterisks removed from title]

Are asterisks Offensive then?
60 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Re: *** What The Heck Is Going On? ***

The general concensus seems to be "leave" and find another provider but who else feels this way?

It's not the general consensus at all. Far from it.
It's the view of a small number of malcontents who are as often as not arguing "on behalf of other users" rather than complaining about some grievance of their own.
And the sooner they leave, the better for everyone else.

I'm perfectly happy with what I get for £21.99 a month, and the help and advice both from the forums and from Pn staff, have been superb. And while it would be nice if Pn behaved like a combination of the Good Fairy and the Tooth Fairy, I don't think they behave any worse than most big companies these days. The people who are complaining about Pn probably put up with far worse behaviour from their bank or building society, and say nothing about it.

I judge on how things are for me, not on what one or two other people think I ought to do, and I'm staying. I recommend you to judge in the same way. You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal for £21.99. Tongue
N/A

I've been with plus.net for about a year and a half and always used to say to people that the customer service was brilliant. However a few issues recently have made me rethink this.
I just changed to the £21.99 a month service, line regrade was fine, fee was right....up until I get my direct debit monthly e-mail...saying I owe £41.11!!! I had been changed to a business account! I checked to make sure I ordered correctly and indeed I had and again this was an "automatic" system so I really dont know how its happened. Since opening a ticket on the issue I have had my account changed to the correct type (premier) but I am STILL waiting for my refund of £19.12. I opened the ticket on the 21st. In fairness they had to wait for the direct debit to clear from my account, this happened on thursday and payment was listed as "fully paid". My ticket was closed yesterday and I was told that my refund was being processed by finance department. I have checked my transactions and reopened my ticket as no refund is pending, in fact the only change is the £41.11 charge now is listed as "part-paid".
As per title of thread....What the heck is going on?

PS This is my first post...I have read forum rules, dont believe Ive made any mistakes :?
N/A

i do not rant about my own issues about the service i am happy with the service just not the way they run there customer services and how they treat their customers who are the ppl that pay there wages and give them their profits.

I have a little consern about the shapping of my connection and believe a value should be set so that they can not turn around in a month and go we going hit everyone with any extra % cause they cant cope or cant be bothered buying more bandwidth.

I dont mind at busy times getting hit with 5% or so if im downloading but if it during gameing or that i will be censored....

my downloading on p2p and stuff has been hit drastically lol which i'm rather annoyed about especially since most of it done during the night and i was luck to get over 60kb/s
rascom
Grafter

We've been with PlusNet since December 2003 on a business package with no problems whatsoever. I think we've only ever had to call tech support twice and any online queries we have raised have been answered promptly and satisfactorily.

We also use PlusNet at home without problems so have experience of both sides of the product range.

As an I.T. reseller, we have also used PlusNet's ADSL services for over a dozen home and business users with another four installations pending. If we were not happy with PlusNet, we would not recommend their services as we are, ultimately, supporting our customers and their networks.

Forums are a great place for moaning but people rarely post positive feedback. Now that home and business packages have been re-aligned, we're even happier so hats off to PlusNet to being a top ISP and lets get more positive feedback for them rather than all the constant whinging they seem to get.

Just imagine for a moment... if the UK's most popular telecoms provider included a forum such as this on their website, how many negative comments would get posted within it's first hour of going live? C'mon people, nothing in life is ever perfect and there are always going to be problems for a few people but by and large I think I'm safe in saying that the bulk of PN's customers are very happy and contented with the service they get.
N/A

there wouldnt be enough time for anyone to post negitive comments on it lol its be down in seconds with everyone trying to get on it to post there negitive comments :roll:
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I've got a number of accounts with PlusNet and a few with other providers, and PlusNet have been the best by far. Best value, best performance and best customer service. The other accounts will be migrated over here as soon as their contracts are up and they are free to migrate.
N/A

i can't find a fault with plus net. its usually the same people complaining not to mention the amount of people who have never visited the forum i'd say that would be over half of there customer base. :roll: i told a few people to switch to PN or Sign UP to them. they've been extremly happy with no complaining accept for 1 guy who went on the forum and looked at it and complained about the complainers(if i make sense lol) :roll: all in all i've said it b4 in a few posts

PLUS NET ROCK.
N/A

I think mainly atm Im just annoyed that Im not being told whats happening regarding something that wasnt my fault. (And it seems to be taking a long time to get resolved)
I do agree for the most part Ive never had a problem with plus.net and in general its a really good service, but my current issue (and a couple myself and my b/f have had recently) has left me somewhat disgruntled.
N/A

Saying that most customers are happy because they don't complain on the forum cuts both ways.

If we are going to generalise I would say that "most" Plusnet customers don't know how to use forums (they only just know how to switch on!). They wouldn't come here to complain because they don't know how to access a forum. There may be a silent majority who are not happy at how they are treated but have no public voice.

Now I am not saying that this is the case, I am just pointing out that the lack of complaints in a forum from a majority of users isn't an indication of customer satisafaction. The same can be said of the level of complaints being an indication of crap service Wink

However, it would be very interesting to send out an email to customers currently paying more than 21.99. Tell them that they could have been saving 8 quid for the last few months. See how satisfied they are then at the level of CS from Plusnet Smiley I reckon that "most" would be very annoyed and feel cheated.
N/A

In this particular forum I found myself very hard pressed to find any positive feedback and some of the treatment being dished out to customers is downright shocking.

You may have also noticed that this is the customer support forum, what else were you expecting? Wink

And for the record, theres a "Happy customers" thread around here somewhere, try looking harder.

I'm a very happy plusnet customer personally, many people seem to be crying over how plusnet has done this, that and the other, but theyre here to provide access to the internet, not be mr-nice-guys or a collection of superheroes that fight for whats right. Tongue My connection has always been fast, stable and generally trouble-free.

If you wanna be one of those guys that migrates from a great ISP because of bad press and how theyve treated other people even though they do a great job for YOU (besides the price issue which I had to endure too) then thats ok, more bandwidth for the rest of us. Cheesy

At the end of the day mate, what do YOU think of plusnet? What has their service been like for YOU?

I've thought about it too and as long as my service remains top notch then I have no reason to migrate.
N/A

First post here, hello.

I've been with plusnet for a month now and can't fault them. When i have had to ring i always got a reply within a reasonable time (was on NTL before i moved flat so what may seem a long time to some isn't that long really Smiley ) When i signed up to my £29.99 payment plan i knew what i was signing up for since i READ and did my research before i signed up.

What i read mainly at the moment are the people who download throughout the day and night complaining that Plusnet have had to throttle their lines slightly because they always want their "free linux distros" <-- cough cough Smiley off of Bit Torrent. I understand why Plusnet have had to do this, i'm guessing to keep their business afloat and keeping the MAJORITY of their customers happy, not the file sharers who download 24/7. In all honesty, 150gig a month for any person is plenty of leeway for people to download their "linux distros".

I considered myself quite a heavy user till i read what people use, i'm shocked! I have used 18gig this month and i thought i used alot more.

Anyway fancied a rant so their it is.

One Happy Customer.
N/A

When i signed up to my £29.99 payment plan i knew what i was signing up for since i READ and did my research before i signed up.

You pay 29.99? What for? Upto 2Mb is 21.99!! Should faster speeds be available (don't hold your breath) then upgrade for 15 quid.

You may say that you are happy paying 29.99, but what about all those current and loyal customers that Plusnet have neglected to tell?

They can have a free regrade to 21.99 and get EXACTLY the same product for 8 quid less! Bet there are thousands and they aint so happy when they hear that! :lol:
N/A

Exactly, it's the underhanded nature of disclosure of information that is the problem here. Not everyone has the time/ability to do the research to find out exactly which services PlusNET can be used for and which not, and why should they have to search the internet for such information?

When you and click sign up, and you read the Terms and Conditions, you are NOT told that P2P is a crippled service. It states that it is not recommended for sustained usage, but in reality it is no use for ANY usage as it is throttled to 56k speeds. There is no mention of how traffic is shaped. Realising this is a hole in their T&Cs PlusNET have ammeded them to allow them to shape traffic any way they wish.

To add to this the 30min timeout feature has been added, which for me is an extreme annoyance as I try not to change IP too much. Yes the service is listed as a Dynamic IP service, but at no point did it say that you HAVE to disconnect.

If you don't agree with the new T&Cs you then have two options:

1. accept them and put up with the restricted service.
2. Leave and pay the deffered activation fee of roughly £58.

Now, you might say that this is fair because you always have to pay an activation fee in some way or another, but it's not. Let me explain. Had the terms and conditions been clear about the 'traffic shaping' that was going on, I would have signed up to a different ISP, therefore not had to pay the activation fee. Yes it would have been taken in the monthly fee, but I will now have to pay that fee in ADDITION to the fee PlusNET want.

So they've got me over a barrell, pay to leave or accept a service that is different to what I signed up for. This is not a fair way to conduct business, and I will be contacting Trading Standards and my solictor friend about it, as I believe this constitutes unfair terms of contract. PlusNET have changed the terms no the consumer, so they have no right to charge a cancellation fee. I would no be leaving if the T&C's had not been changed! I wouldn't be so annoyed, but I signed up ONE DAY before they changed the T&C's, and frankly I think this is taking the urine a bit.
N/A

When i signed up to my £29.99 payment plan i knew what i was signing up for since i READ and did my research before i signed up.

I have to ask just what research did you do, you can get what you are getting now for £21.99
It would appear that you are yet another victim of the "4/8Mb coming soon, first in the queue" scam