cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Service ?

pooley91
Dabbler

What Service ?

When i first had PlusNet installed I was well impressed...good service, fast connection. 3 months later and it runs like a dog (a dead one). The speed test now shows between 24K and 90K instead of an expected 400 ish. I logged a call with Plusnet on the 25th September who escalated it as high priority on the 26th. The only update since then was a request for me to lower my firewall as BT couldn't ping me......impressive seeing as I don't have my firewall enabled !!!

By day I install Business and single user ADSL through another ISP and those connections run like lightening. I didn't go with that ISp because Plusnets all round package was cheaper and on the face of it, better.

Guess it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

I'd be interested to hear what Plusnet's definition of high-priority is. Where i work we operate an 8-hour response to all calls (less in certain cases). Anything that can't be sorted out in this time is "escalated" and the thing gets sorted out.....and the customer is constantly kept up to date. It's extremely bad practice to leave a customer "in limbo" without a clue what's going on.

The only thing that Plusnet seem capable of doing on time and without failure is taking money from my account !

Come on Plusnet, somebody please respond. I shouldn't have to be posting a public rant about your service. This is basic customer service stuff.

Waiting..........
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: What Service ?

> When i first had PlusNet installed I was well impressed...good service, fast connection. 3 months later and it runs like a dog (a dead one). The speed test now shows between 24K and 90K instead of an expected 400 ish. I logged a call with Plusnet on the 25th September who escalated it as high priority on the 26th. The only update since then was a request for me to lower my firewall as BT couldn't ping me......impressive seeing as I don't have my firewall enabled !!!
>
> By day I install Business and single user ADSL through another ISP and those connections run like lightening. I didn't go with that ISp because Plusnets all round package was cheaper and on the face of it, better.
>
> Guess it just goes to show you get what you pay for.
>
> I'd be interested to hear what Plusnet's definition of high-priority is. Where i work we operate an 8-hour response to all calls (less in certain cases). Anything that can't be sorted out in this time is "escalated" and the thing gets sorted out.....and the customer is constantly kept up to date. It's extremely bad practice to leave a customer "in limbo" without a clue what's going on.
>
> The only thing that Plusnet seem capable of doing on time and without failure is taking money from my account !
>
> Come on Plusnet, somebody please respond. I shouldn't have to be posting a public rant about your service. This is basic customer service stuff.
>
> Waiting..........

Hi Mike,

I am having virtually the same problems as you are. Although my connection appears to be running at ADSL quality, I'm getting worse that 56K pings in all games that I try to play.

Weird things is though, at certain times in the day my ping appears to be fine, but at peak times it runs worse that 56K.

I think what is happening is that the demand for plusnet has risen due to the cheap price and they just can't keep up with the demand.

I've been waiting since the 24th for the problem to be fixed and was told exactly the same thing about BT not being able to test my line.

I suppose we're stuck with them now though, because from what I know no other ISP offers ADSL with the use of your own hardware do they?

pooley91
Dabbler

Not true - most ISP's allow you to use your own hardware..

Mike
N/A

> Not true - most ISP's allow you to use your own hardware..
>
> Mike
>
Well, if I get no reaction to my current post, then I think I may have to get onto the phone to Freeserve, even though their service is more expensive at least I'll get a proper connection and be able to play games at decent speeds.

N/A

There are actually cheaper and the same price adsl isp`s out there

There is a list of nearly every isp out there in uk and some aint bad.

The biggest problem is the connection. you have to disconnect with one and then wait to get connected with the next. and it costs. (which in some cases is the better thing to do).

The hardware side of it, to me it works out better to go with the self install option. It saves time and money.

I must say that the higher you get to talk to in plusnet net, the more they will do. They are trying to please everyone if they can. I, (fingers crossed) have finally got back sorted with no problems.

pooley91
Dabbler

> I must say that the higher you get to talk to in plusnet net, the more they will do. They are trying to please everyone if they can. I, (fingers crossed) have finally got back sorted with no problems.
>

I shouldn't have to take this higher within Plusnet. If my customers had to do that just to get a problem sorted out then I'd be in deep s**t with my bosses.

Another day goes by and still no response from Plusnet.

I was also using Plusnet as a test bed for possibly migrating my business ADSL customers - but you can probably guess the outcome of that one !

For Christ's sake Plusnet - give me a clue what's happening !
N/A

You know when you start getting that feeling
" Pants!" I thought I was smart when everyone else went for BT and Telewest, weighed up the options, (price actualy)... and the main reason for ADSL was for gaming, now I start reading these posts.... I'll reserve my judgement for when I actualy am set up etc, but it does not make for good reading when you're a new customer waiting to be connected Sad
N/A

Although i have moaned quite alot about Plusnet lately. I must say that when it going ok, then you couldnt get a better service.

BUT..........

If you get a problem of anyking, then the posts speak for themsselves.

Good luck with you account.
pooley91
Dabbler

I guess I shouldn't be surprised....

No comment by Plusnet in the ticket or in this forum.

Bored now !