cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Service??????

N/A

What Service??????

When I first joined Metronet I remember calling them with a problem. They answered within 1 minute and dealt with the technical issue there and then. They even contacted me out of the blue 2 days later to check I was still OK. Today I tried to contact Plusnet. I waited 50 minutes before giving up (on a previous occasion it was 30 minutes). What a bloody shambles they are. When I get back from holiday I'll be getting a MAC and moving to a decent provider.

They are the equivalent of Ryanair for Broadband - don't give a damn about customer service.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What Service??????

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Pity it's on such a sour note.

Is there anything we on the forum can help you with.

Cheers
Bill
N/A

What Service??????

OK, sorry to be 'sour', but what do you expect?

When I worked in customer services we provided Service Level Guarantees - for example:

90% of all calls will be answered within x minutes.
100% of all calls within y minutes.
90% of all faults will be cleared within x hours.
Refunds if faults were not corrected within the agreed time.
Broadband connection 'up-time' of 99.xx % - refunds if not achieved.
Etc, etc.

Why can't Plusnet do something like this?
You are not providing the level of service I paid for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What Service??????

No need to apologize to me, I'm a customer just like you and can appreciate your frustration.

This is a self help forum and there are people in here who will offer what help we can.

Luckily we get Plusnet staff dropping in to offer help as well.

The offer still stands if there is anything we can help you with.

Cheers
Bill
N/A

What Service??????

Why can't Plusnet do something like this?

Indeed. Your frustration is echoed by many right now and is fully acknowledged by PlusNet / Metronet.

The current levels of support are not what they should be and indeed are not what many of us have experienced in the past.

Words are easy I know, but a massive amount of work is going on behind the scenes to address support provision within Plusnet PLC.

The UserGroup are talking to PlusNet about this on a daily basis and a detailed update regarding the state of play surrounding support provision is expected very soon.

No-one is happy with the current level of support provision. Not PlusNet, not the UserGroup and certainly not customers.

But the targets, similar to those which you have mentioned, are deliverable and PlusNet are striving to provide a level of support which meets the needs of all its customers.
N/A

What Service??????

I agree with leekpr. Metronet used to be great, now it's very poor. Slow email times (often >25mins to receive a test from myself), and at the moment emails are getting lost too.

I logged a query about it on the 20th - no response yet.

Yesterday I logged a new query with a request for a MAC. I'm off to Newnet. Obviously no response yet on that either LOL.

In a broadband market such as is it today, Metro/Plus really can't afford to be so complacent. Vote with your feet.
N/A

What Service??????

Words are easy I know, but a massive amount of work is going on behind the scenes to address support provision within Plusnet PLC.

This sort of apology on behalf of Plusnet/Metronet has been going on too long. On the 22nd june we had a long detailed list of upcoming improvements with firm dates for the completion of these. At least some of these dates are past and nothing has improved it terms of phone support or ticket turnaround - only a few days ago you suggested that someone with no connection and a ticket 72 hours old should wait another 24 hours and someone might be able to give CS a nudge - what nonsense, only equalled by this which appears on the Metronet news page.

"We’re quite proud of our online messaging service; if you’ve got a question you just go to our site, type it in, press send, and we’ll reply. The great thing about this service is you have a record of the conversation and can take a look at it at anytime. Some questions that turn out to be something like a BT line fault will always take time to sort out, whereas other questions are answered in around 20 minutes."