slytuk
Grafter

What Rate do you get on MaxADSL ?

Curious to see the breadth of what speeds people are getting
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've assumed you mean the sync rate, not the speed you get on tests.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
slytuk
Grafter

yup, sync rates
N/A

Synch Rate vs Performance

My hardware is currently connecting at 6304 Kbps and I'm getting 1 Mb or less :!:

The speed started at 5.9 Mbps Cheesy then deteriorated rapidly and stable rate now seems stuck at 1000 Kbps. Cry

Would it be better to have a poll showing the differences between connection speeds and the so-called stable rate?

Mine is minus 5.3 Mbps and I'm not very happy (currently on my 6th exchange of views on the ticket I raised, having got the first sensible reply on the 4th time of trying) Evil
N/A

Two accounts on Max.
One syncs at 8, and give constant speeds of 5.5-6.5 even with undoubtedly some of my users (50+) accessing the web at them same time + SMTP traffic etc at the same time.

The other syncs at 2, and gives speeds between 1.2 and 1.8 - a real improvement on the pre-max speeds of 0.5 on a good day!

Cool
N/A

Im syncing at 8128/448 on my router. I just did a speedtest and im getting speeds of just above 4Mbps, but below 8Mbps. Although it is quite concerning the 4 days my hardware has been running i've had about 4,000 Errored seconds!!
N/A

in that case I voted wrong, my sync rate is 8000
N/A

Sync is 8128 but speeds are still 2Mb. Upgraded 3rd May Cry
Community Veteran

The speed my router connects at on a quiet day/morning is >3000kb/s, I live in the sticks and the BT guestimator still reckons I am lucky to get 512kb/s, so MaxDSL does work, but I think the BT implementation is targetting highest possible sync speed regardless fo how sustainable it is ... I'd prefer it synced at 2800kb/s to give me a good stable line without interleaving whilst currently it is having futile attempts at synching faster. Sad

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

turrell40 said:
Sync is 8128 but speeds are still 2Mb. Upgraded 3rd May

... Funny I was "upgraded" then too and have a similar situation (sync @ 6 Mb but speed 1Mb which is lower than I was getting).

godsell4 says:
... I think the BT implementation is targetting highest possible sync speed regardless fo how sustainable it is

... Not here it ain't!
N/A

I voted 800 and above as router has synced since day 1 at 8128 down and 448 up...16 days almost at 10pm... Top speed received is 3500......PN stable rate 7000...Slowest speed received 300..
Aint MAXDLS brilliant, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Constant speed around 1mb to 1.5mb