cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Folder Manager?

N/A

What Folder Manager?

Am I missing something? Folder Manager is not active in Tools on my webmail. How do I activate it so I can use it? :?
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

What Folder Manager?

Hi,

You can only use this if you log in using IMAP rather than POP3. POP3 doesn't allow you to use folders.
N/A

What Folder Manager?

Also... if you're using firefox and the like, this shows a basic webmail interface, whereas Internet Explorer shows the full lot (including, I believe, the folder manager).
Community Veteran

What Folder Manager?

Must be to late for me i read that title as "Management Fodder" the first time I read it.

Off to bed to revive :-) Hopefully be better by the morning.

A
N/A

What Folder Manager?

Cheesy Thanks to all
N/A

What Folder Manager?

I want to use the folder manager so how do I change my e-mail to IMAP? (I only use webmail).

Simon
Community Veteran

What Folder Manager?

What program are you using?

A
N/A

What Folder Manager?

I'm using IE6 for webmail.
Community Veteran

What Folder Manager?

For imap you can use it via IE and other browsers but to get the best from it you need something like Outlook, Thunderbird or another mail specific program.

The benefits of IMAP are that you can arrange your mail into folders on your pc based email program and also the see these folders on the web from anywhere in the workd in exactly the same place via a browser.

Using IMAP you can download the mails to your local machine and also use the space on PN servers as a backup, eg if your pc dies all you have to do is setup your mail program on a new pc and all your mail is there just as you left it, thankfully this also works the other way home pc to pn servers.

I use imap between home and work, mail arranged in folders etc.

Now I have used it I won't go back to pop3.

A
N/A

What Folder Manager?

Okay thanks, that's what I'd like to do but I was asking how do I change from POP3 to IMAP?
I've been through settings just about everywhere and I can't see how to make the change.
N/A

What Folder Manager?

In outlook when you set up your accounts it asks you if it is either a pop3 or imap.

REMEMBER---If Plus net email has another problem like it did a few weeks ago you will lose all your emails like quite a few of us did. I used to use imap but since they lost all my emails i have reverted back to pop3. Sorry for bring this up again.
Community Veteran

What Folder Manager?

Personally I still use IMAP i have set outlook to downlaod the mail to my machine and not just the headers that way I have copies for working off line and incase the mail is lost from the servers.

IMAP offers more resliance than you think.

A