cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Customer Service?/Connection Problems

N/A

Has anyone been frustrated with Plusnet! I am! See below!

I have been having problems with the ADSL connection for two/three weeks and no solution has been found to cure the problem. It is not a BT fault as advised by the plusnet staff as it was working perfectly two/three weeks ago before the problem occured ! My PC isthe same! I have not installed-reinstalled anything! I have left many comments onto the customer service line and still no joy of getting a good adsl connection!

Today ADSL connection does not work at all. Even with the bt_test@startup_domain, and test password!
7 REPLIES
N/A

Have you received an email informing you that you were being upgraded to 8mbps?
Could be that your modem/router doesn't like the new setup. Mine was disconnecting every 20 minutes or so after the upgrade. New ADSL2 router solved it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If the BT test login doesn't work then the problem can only be in one of two places, it's either a BT problem or it's a problem with your equipment. The BT test login tests the connection between your modem/router and the exchange, it doesn't test any part of our network.

I'd suggest taking a look through

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

and

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

to see if anything there helps, and if not raise it to our support team and we can do some remote testing and raise it with BT.
sophos9
Grafter

As Dave said, if you break out of the plusnet network using the bt login then the problem is with plusnet, if you cannot logon at all its down to local exchange problem or hardware

Use the diagnostics built into the router to diagnose....
N/A

Connection Problem

Thanks for all your comments. More details about my problem as follows!

Connection has been ok for first few (6)weeks. And then suddenly the problem begin (I have not installed anything/changed connected anything new to my telephone system). I was getting a intial connection problem when I connect onto the adsl. It has never or does not break up in between connections.

The Username and veryfying password/registering to network problems is waht \i was experiencing with many redial attempts. error messages and finally I got connection. All these have been reported to customer service.

Today (04.05.06) the ADSL Connection does not work. Since reporting this problem to the customer service I have LOST the adsl connection. BT test login does not work. Plusnet start up login does not work and my own username and password do not work.

The broabad diagnostic tools I am struggling to work through it as I am trying to do these using the dial up services as no adsl connection!

What are the suggestions on this?
shellsong
Grafter

Try another ADSL router if you can borrow one (one known to be good for fast connections)-- some routers don't seem to be able to work under MaxDSL conditions and if you can't logon to BT your router is definitely the number one suspect!
N/A

Connection Problem

I have a modem (Zyxel P-630S) which I have reinstalled and tried which gave me the same problem as above. Also tried to installanduse a BT voyager 240 router. This gave me the same problem above. I am back on Zyxel modem as I had to return the router back to my friend whom I borrowed from.

Now I have no adsl connection at all! So whatever I try will fail on adsl anyway until my connection is established by plusnet & BT staff.
shellsong
Grafter

If your phone is still working and you can't get any router to connect to even the BT portal when plugged into the BT master socket with nothing else plugged in then the only thing that I can think of is that somehow your ADSL connection has become disconnected from the DSLAM at the exchange.

This would need urgent communication between PlusNet and BTw to sort out. I would suggest you raise a ticket reporting it as clearly as possible to the support staff and if you get slow response PM Dave Tomlinson since he's already commented on it

I'm sure that it is likely to be a BT problem but because of the way BTw works you have to approach them through PlusNet!